• This topic has 46 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Crappy Microsoft and their rubbish consoles
  • ScottChegg
    Free Member

My lad begged for an Xbox One for Xmas.

It’s been running for less than 2 days and the wireless has packed up and it’s asking to be sent off for repair. What a piece of sh!t.

Happy Xmas, Bill.

Daffy

I know this doesn’t help, but mine has been flawless for 2 years and the 360 before it was flawless for 4.

I hope it’s just a one off. Can you get it replaced locally?

M

Jamie
    Free Member

As Daffy said, if you bought locally then you could swap it instore today.

molgrips
    Free Member

My Sister bought one for their kids. It overheated when setting it up then would not work again.

I think they have a QC problem.

cchris2lou

what broadband provider are you using ?

had a night mare with Virgin to get it working . it is a known problem .

Now fitted some power lines and all good .

ScottChegg
    Free Member

It worked Xmas day. It spent 3 hours doing various updates.

Today I was on to Microsoft Dehli because the Gold wouldn’t work without an ‘account reset’ and now the wireless has crapped out. The website help section is a succession of blind links and the online chat helpers barely know what an Xbox looks like. And the controller is made of poorer quality materials than the trays in a Black Magic box.

What a complete shower of shite.

My PS4 just works. All the time.

fd3chris
    Free Member

My ps4 has had the eject disc problem since I bought it over a year ago which is a pita trying to find a genuine solution for it. My nephew bought an original launch Xbox one years ago and has had no issues.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Everyone will get a Friday afternoon model and some time or another. Had three 360s over the last ten years here and one xbox one. One of the 369s got the red ring but all others still going fine. Rather have one over a ps4 personally…

GrahamS

Happy Xmas, Bill.

Bill Gates hasn’t been in charge of Microsoft since 2006 – eight years before Joe Cocker died. 😉

the-muffin-man

eight years before Joe Cocker died

Joe Cocker is dead!!!? 2016 enough now!

Cougar

My Sister bought one for their kids. It overheated when setting it up then would not work again.

May be unrelated, but one thing I’ve noticed is they throw out a heck of a lot of heat from the top vent. It’s really important not to have anything on top of it (I had to move it to the top of my AV stack).

Kit
    Free Member

Zero problems with my Xbox (however long I had that) and nearly 10 flawless years with my 360 so far. But yeah, ALL of their consoles are shite etc. 😉

matt_outandabout

Had three 360s over the last ten years here and one xbox one. One of the 369s got the red ring but all others still going fine. Rather have one over a ps4 personally…

That’s 30% failure rate.

andyfla
    Free Member

That’s 30% failure rate.

on a sample of 4 ?
    Had mine since they came out and hasn’t missed a beat – hope you get it sorted as I know how disappointed he (you ?) will be

scaredypants

That’s 30% failure rate.

on a sample of 4 ?Well to be fair it was on a 369, so a bit more than a quarter

Drac

My 360 is still going apparently.

My PS3 too and my PS4 so is my daughter’s. My PS4 Pro too but only had it running since Christmas.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Happy Xmas, Bill.

Yes indeed. Whilst Gates might not be in charge his trust/charity still owns his shares.

donks
    Free Member

Traded in our Xbox one at game and got a ps4 instead.

I got tired of the connectivity issues, the controllers constantly disconnected to a degree where the kids just left it alone.

Agree with the Microsoft support being shite, I tried in vain to get a solution to the connectivity issues but never actually got close to talking to an actual human being… Just forum groups

Having said that I have just spent the last 2 days downloading games onto the PS. I don’t recall it taking anywhere as long on the Xbox!

Toddboy
    Free Member

What a crap title for a thread.

Out of all the Microsoft items out there, you, have one bad experience, boo, hoo.

My kids have had all sorts of X boxes over the years and never had a problem. My wife bought me a Xbox One S for Christmas and apart from doing the updates, has ran perfectly.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Bill Gates hasn’t been in charge of Microsoft since 2006

And here I was thinking that he was directly and personally responsible.

What a crap title for a thread.

Out of all the Microsoft items out there, you, have one bad experience, boo, hoo.

Oh well, so long as you are alright; no one else’s travails matter at all.

That will be a great comfort for a 12 year old spoiled Xmas; some middle aged bloke’s present works OK.

Jamie
    Free Member

re: 12 yr old’s spoiled Christmas.

Have you done anything about it other than post on here?

Really not having a go, but if you’re going to use the sad child stick to beat a fellow STW’er with, have you done everything you can to sort the issue?

Contacted the shop you got it from? Tried running ethernet cable to it for the time being? You could have picked up powerline adapters or ethernet cable from Maplin/Currys yesterday/tody etc.

joshvegas
    Free Member

*plugs n64 in has hours of fun*

Xwhat?

funkmasterp

I had three 360’s and they all died of RROD. strangely all went whilst playing Elder Scrolls Oblivion. Always cleaned them and looked after them too. Ended up with a PS3 which gave years of service before packing in two years ago.

I’ve not bought a console this generation. Changing priorities and becoming jaded with the state of the games industry being the main reasons. Hopefully get back in to it when Funkmaster Jr is older.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Contacted the shop you got it from? Tried running ethernet cable to it for the time being?

Yes. And yes, of course I have.

Neither worked. The cable made no difference (coz it’s bust and refuses to recognize any form of network, wireless or otherwise) and the retailer sent me to Microsoft as they have no stock of identical consoles to replace it with. So it’s been sent to Germany for repair. It landed last Friday.

And now I’m tracking it online, the Microsoft site states the warranty will run out 10 months after purchase. I can see another disagreement on the horizon the next time it goes bung.

Like I stated; crap product, crap company.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Jesus wept

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Have you tried a factory reset? Can you see it connect in your router with a valid IP address using an ethernet cable?

Cougar

the retailer sent me to Microsoft as they have no stock of identical consoles to replace it with. So it’s been sent to Germany for repair. It landed last Friday.

Why didn’t you get your money back and go somewhere else? No way I’d have accepted a repair on a DOA electrical device.

the Microsoft site states the warranty will run out 10 months after purchase.

That’s in addition to, not instead of, your consumer rights.

It’s an excellent product that you’ve been unlucky with, and I fail to see how the retailer being useless is Microsoft’s fault.

martinhutch

I think you should have rejected it for a fault after two days and got a refund. I imagine it’s only the games packaged with the console that are different and stopping the retailer doing a swap.

As other threads on here will show, 10 months warranty does not mean the retailer can potentially wash their hands at that point.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I had three Xbox 360’s that got the RROD and I’ve had an Xbox One controller (for my PC) that died within two months. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the Xbox Ones reliability record is shit.

wrightyson
    Free Member

That really is some statement!

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the Xbox Ones reliability record is shit.

I’d be very suprised if you were right or there might be a bit of a proper outcry rather than a couple of moody stw’ers.

Toddboy
    Free Member

My new Xbox One S still working great!

Oldest son’s Xbox One still working.

Daughter’s Xbox 360 still working.

Shame about the handful on here that have had an issue with Microsoft products. 🙄

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Ah lovely to hear that the year has started with sympathy and understanding

Toddboy, isn’t just terrible when people generalise from a single personal experience….

slowoldman

Joe Cocker is dead!!!? 2016 enough now!

I have it on good authority he is due to die again sometime in 2017. I know this bloke who’s been told to prepare for it.

flowr1der661
    Free Member

Thought I share my thoughts. I had Xbox 360 original never had a fault, had anouther 360 which did have the the red ring so sent it to Microsoft who sent me a new one back. Had a Xbox one with no faults. but you know i got rid of the lot and as decided to spent my time with my OH and houndon adventures and riding bikes.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

I had three Xbox 360’s first one lasted from day one for two years, 2nd had disc read problems third one lasted till I got a Xbox one few month after release. Xbox one has been trouble free since I got it.

Jamie
    Free Member

Thought I share my thoughts. I had Xbox 360 original never had a fault, had anouther 360 which did have the the red ring so sent it to Microsoft who sent me a new one back. Had a Xbox one with no faults. but you know i got rid of the lot and as decided to spent my time with my OH and houndon adventures and riding bikes.

You know you can do both?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

what are houndon adventures?

wwaswas

You know you can do both?

What!?!

People can enjoy something they like to do but in moderation and that they fit in around the more important things in their lives? *chinny*

Jamie
    Free Member

what are houndon adventures?

Hound on.

Hounds are what IT middle management call their dogs to make them sound more interesting.

“spent my time with my OH and houndon adventures” = walk the dog round the park with the missus.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Crappy Microsoft and their rubbish consoles’ is closed to new replies.