Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • crappy bike gets stolen
  • wiggles
    Free Member

Took someones old bike as a trade in against a new one in the shop last week and I have been using it to ride to work and the shops etc

I only gave £30 for it and live in a small flat where my MTB takes up all the storage space so just locked this up in the garden and thought if it lasts me a few months then it is a bargain really.

Woke up today and it has been stolen (locked to a fence post. Lock and bike are both gone after a total of 4 nights outside. Think I know who did it/arranged it but have no proof.

No real point to this just wanted to rant about the theiving scumbags.

It was a Giant expression hybrid like this

With the OEM pannier removed. Most annoyingly it has the mount for my bobike kid seat still on the stem! It also has a whyte branded black seatpost in replacement of the standard one. I’m in Newport south Wales. It doesn’t really owe me any money I just want to find the person who did it more than anything…

deadkenny
    Free Member

Newport, there’d be a lot of suspects round there 😉 . Briefly lived there years ago and always felt I was about to be mugged or have my stuff nicked at any moment.

Rosss
    Free Member

Damn you beat my record, my bike lasted 5 days in Newport! Where abouts was it taken from.

wiggles
    Free Member

Duffryn unfortunately.

This brings my stats to 50% of the bikes I have owned have been stolen.

milky1980
    Free Member

You left a bike outside.

In Newport.

In Duffryn!!!

Surprised it lasted 4 days TBH 😯

wiggles
    Free Member

Well my neighbour has 4 bikes unlocked in the same garden so thought I made mine a hard enough target but obviously he knows something I don’t…

captain-slow
    Free Member

or someone…

augustuswindsock

Daughter’s bike got nicked at Newcastle uni recently, it was her mums old Raleigh that was about 25 yrs old, couldn’t have been worth more than £25 if that, they bust a (cheap) lock to get it, I wouldn’t have thought it was worth any ones while to nick it, but it’s a complete pain on the arse for my daughter, who’s bikeless now! ****ts!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘crappy bike gets stolen’ is closed to new replies.