Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Crap fall off
  • Pook

I’ve been off the bike for about three weeks as it’s needed a fair bit of work. Anyway, i did the forks over the weekend, and sorted the gears out last night. Short of gluing my tyre up, it’s rideable, so i thought I’d ride in to work this morning.

Now, my work is all of 500 yards away through quiet suburban roads, and it’s a little trundle in. I thought i’d take the opportunity to check the indexing and listen for any creaks and squeaks.

As I got closer to work, I see my colleague Dave walking along the pavement, ipod firmly planted in his lugholes. I figured i’d cruise up behind him, and walk in the rest of the way.

I didn’t, however, take into account the wet leaves he was walking on, and instead of rolling up to him, I lost the front wheel, hit his back and slid past him on my side for about 5 yards gouging a little channel in the pavement with my pedal.
    “Bloody hell!” says Dave, as I slide past him to a halt.
    “Morning Chris.”

I’ve got a bit bruised and the bike’s scratched up but generally all ok.

What a crap way to get back on the bike!!!

enfht
    Free Member

Made even more unfortunate by sliding on leaves from the only tree to drop them in June. Bad luck

Pook

typical sheffield council slack road/pavement sweeping policy

🙄

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Nick

I was riding my 5 year old son’s mini-bmx on Saturday, pulled up on the bars to go up a small curb, to much suprise found myself manualling along for about 5 yards, couldn’t get my feet off the pedals, didn’t think to use the back brake, landed on my arse, nice big graze on my elbow. Lots of kids mothers pissing themselves, great

haddock
    Free Member

Body armour! 🙂

sofatester
    Free Member

Riding skills!

haddock
    Free Member

Chris – Least you didn’t go over the bars from riding into a kerb outside a busy Tescos! my first ever ride out on a certain bike – ‘Off One’! What a tit 😳

Pook

hang on – ed, you expect me to be surprised by you falling off in a crap way?

need i remind you…..
    2.12 secs

haddock
    Free Member

.. least you didn’t get the Tesco one on film!

Wookster

cool vid mate!!

rOcKeTdOg

excellent use of Milburn!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Crap fall off’ is closed to new replies.