Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Crank Suggestions Please…
  • pj3y55
    Free Member

As per title.

Main criteria:

-narrow ‘road-esque’ chainline, around 44mm I think (avoiding using c’ring spacers at almost all cost!).

-available in 170mm length

(-for a 68mm b/b shell, not that it matters much and skinny’ish stays, so narrow q-factor would be a bonus)

-regular ?BSA threaded bottom bracket shell compatibility, i.e. 24mm axle/ ‘isis’ style splined or possible square taper.

Main point of procrastination/ indecision is the BCD and spider style. I will be wanting to run narrow wide rings from 36(poss 34)t up to 40(maybe 42)t and would like to keep inevitable chainring costs down to ?’sensisble’ area of £20-35 a go, none of this £50 a pop malarky.

Grateful for opinions; not wanting to spend stupid money (£250 max) and hoping to keep it light’ish aluminium (aimed at ‘all but the gnargnar side of things).

pj3y55
    Free Member

Anyone?

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

I wouldn’t mind taking a punt on these…

http://www.dmrbikes.com/Catalogue/Components/Cranks/Axe

…If I didn’t already run an octalink setup.

I’m sure there’s a way to run double chain rings on it?

P-Jay
    Free Member

I don’t know if any of your measurements fit it, but loving my M7000 crank.

Rings come in loads of sizes and they’re £25 a pop, cheaper if you go Superstar or whatnot.

pj3y55
    Free Member

Thanks.

Went with 105 5800 double road crank on offer £60 from CRC and Superstar are selling the 110mm 4 bolt asymmetrical rings at £30. Works out as a reasonably priced/ hopefully (immediate) future-proof set-up.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Crank Suggestions Please…’ is closed to new replies.