Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Crank puller
  • drslow
    Free Member

Does anyone know what crank tool to use for a Custom Shimano FC-M542, 15.5: 170mm on a Custom Shimano BB-91, OS, press-in bearing? The bike is actually a 2010 Specialized Stumpjumper HT.

I got the Park tools CCP-44 but its a couple of mm too big.

Help.

Thanks

trail_rat
    Free Member

do they look like that ?

i find it hard to believe any bb91 bike – i thought all 542s were hollowtech 2 axle as above. ?

tinribz
    Free Member

Standard two-piece universal

egb81
    Free Member

You’ll need one of these in conjunction with an 8mm allen key for the end cap on the drive side, then a 5mm allen key to loosen the bolts. Once the non-drive side slides off, you can tap the axle to push the drive side out.

drslow
    Free Member

trail_rat: Yes they look like that, there is a thread inside about 18mm wide. The dust cap screws into it.

trail_rat
    Free Member

No puller needed then

Thats not a dust cap its the pree load

Remove the preload. Undo the 2 pinch bolts use a small screw driver go pivot up the plastic locator between the bolt and the arm should pull off. Use a rubber or hyde mallet to tap the axel thrhough to the drive side

khani
    Free Member

Edit, what he ^^^ said..
    Try to remember where any spacers are fitted as well.

nickjb
    Free Member

As above no puller. The nod drive side crank should just slide off. The Drive side may need a little persuasion with a rubber mallet or block of wood and a hammer on the end of the axle if it has been in there a while.

You can usually unscrew the preload cap with a 5p

drslow
    Free Member

Excellent, will try that tonight. Anyone want to buy a crank puller, unused?

ahwiles
    Free Member

tip:

it can be easier to remove the pre-load cap if you undo the pinch-bolts first.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Crank puller’ is closed to new replies.