Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Crank Brothers – Yes or No?
  • dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

You just have to crack em open once in a while.. Abuse them and eventually they’ll fail.

brakes
    Free Member

pedal fan, despite the need for maintenance.
    I run them on road, mountain and commuter bikes and love the action compared to others enough to put up with the risk of pedal-related death.

plus-one

Wheel skewers were utter gash !!!! Show them grime they practically seized up and were a nightmare to open .. Felt tight on closing but rattled loose !!!

Bin 🙁

Dasha
    Free Member

I’ve used eggbeaters for years from stainless to triple ti and as long as you grease them occasionally and give them a service once in a while they’re a fantastic pedal with knee friendly float and excellent mud clearing properties.

Mallets going strong here after a few years use.

bigjim

Joplin 4 lasted about 6 rides, but 2pure fixed it quickly. I have a reverb now.

Their tools are very nice though.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not the only ones…

ratherbeintobago

Found CB pedals to have ‘soft’ clip in action which I didn’t like; therefore didn’t have them long enough to explode.

I assume seatposts/stems can’t go wrong, can they?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

dirk_pumpa – Member
    You just have to crack em open once in a while.. Abuse them and eventually they’ll fail.

By comparison, over ten years ago, I gave a pair of used Times to a friend. I had never serviced them, he has never serviced them. The other day, I borrowed the bike they were on. They were running as smooth as could be. A tiny little rattle from one of the ‘loops’ that the cleat sits under on one side of the left pedal, but otherwise, perfect.

I know which I’d be buying….

GrahamS

Glad it’s not just me that has had the pedal come clean off the axle.

Looks like it is a pretty common problem, surely they must know about it? Can’t be that hard to solve surely, maybe add a big **** off lock nut to the next versions? Ideally some bearings that last more than six months would be good too.

nuke

I’ve had two Joplin 3 dropper posts, CB ISIS BB and Cobalt headset…Joplins have been back under warranty 3 times each, ISIS BB died rapidly and was replaced under warranty, headset I bought ‘new’ off here and was a warranty replacement of a failed. Even the CB pump I have doesn’t work very well (Pressure gauge is a joke for a start).

…but then there is 2Pure who I’ve had fantastic service from, best warranty experience of any firm I’ve had to deal with

ratherbeintobago

Being fair, their stuff does look lovely, like these:

Rumour was that the stainless outer part of each crank arm was glued onto the inner, with predictable lifespan results, and the external BB version never made it to market.

Northwind

2pure are an absolutely superb organisation to deal with, but there’s no amount of backup that can make it a good idea to buy bike parts made of cheese. They deserve better products tbh!

tanglewood
    Free Member

Thank you for all your post’s (so far)
    It was my first posting and very helpfull to me and you I hope.

p8ddy
    Free Member

I’m running a Crank Bros Sage headset. Been on the bike circa 2 years and still running great. It’s been a total fit and forget job.

Crank Bros also sent me out a spare crown race for free cos I wanted to experiment with fork setup on my bike.

From my point of view they’ve been utterly superb. Great product, great service. I like em.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Crank Brothers – Yes or No?’ is closed to new replies.