Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Crank Brother's Titanium axle's off ebay? Experiences?
  • wenanwhere
    Free Member

Hi Folks,

Has anyone tried the crank brothers egg beater titanium axles you can buy on ebay for £30? Seems very cheap but will I end up with a pedal in my leg?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Titanium-Spindles-for-Crank-Brothers-Egg-beater-pedals-Ti-Spindle-/201230742603?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2eda49744b

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve had two pairs of ‘Ward Industries’ ones for 5 years, they’re good. I’ve not died.

superhooper

I tried ordering some last week from this ebayer. He contacted me to say he had sold out and refunded my money.

wenanwhere
    Free Member

superhooper have you ordered any others instead? The one from america could be pricey with shipping I guess

br
    Free Member

I bought a cheap set a few years ago.

There were as light and strong as promised and lasted far longer than the 2 sets of Candy’s there were ‘inside’…

superhooper

wenanwhere have not got around to ordering anything else yet. Did seem to be a couple of other options from UK sellers on eBay, but about 30 grams heavier per pair which would hardly make it worth it.

unovolo
    Free Member

Have you looked at the ‘Rock Bros’ ones on ebay, Not got the spindles but do have some other Rock Bros stuff which seems decently well made.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROCKBROS-Ti-Pedal-Spindle-for-Crank-Brothers-Egg-Beater-Candy-1-2-3-11-/371220201187?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item566e72bee3

Sundayjumper

I bought some ages ago, never gave them heavy use but they seem fine.

FWIW I also bought the matching Ti end caps which are a tiny bit too short, so when you do them up they bind on the end of the axle and the pedal doesn’t turn properly. But they’re heavier than the standard plastic caps so they’re pretty pointless anyway 😀

Edit to add – my old style triple Ti with cheapie replacement Ti axles weigh 185g/pair on my kitchen scales.

wenanwhere
    Free Member

cheers all, seems like a gap in the market for a uk producer? A lot of the ones on ebay say uk seller but they are china based, cheeky. Might try the rockbros ones

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Crank Brother's Titanium axle's off ebay? Experiences?’ is closed to new replies.