Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Crank Brothers split QR skewers – rocking or shocking?
  • FarmersChoice
    Free Member

Any opinions or experience of them please?

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Absolutely awful, bought a rear one, used twice, removed and put back in box.

cheburashka
    Free Member

Got two pairs. Don’t trust either of them 100%. Currently using Shimano / Salsa.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Used them on several wheelsets – without a single issue. I have used them pretty hard too, riding with them in Alps & USA.

boxfish
    Free Member

They successfully kept my wheels on for 6 months.

FarmersChoice
    Free Member

Thanks guys!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Skewers shall be either old Shimano or DT RWS. Beyond that, go bolt through.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Mine are fine – and dare I say it, prefer them to Hope…

atlaz
    Free Member

Mine are fine. Have them on the back of the Dune and all round on the Hummingbird. Not one problem and easier to undo/do-up with cold or gloved hands

alfabus
    Free Member

while we’re on the topic, does anyone know where to buy rear shimano XT or Deore skewers from? I can only see the mega expensive XTR ones.

Dave

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Mine are fine – and dare I say it, prefer them to Hope…

+1

parisroubaix

I have three sets and have all been good so far, but I would only pay the CRC offer price, not worth 50 quid

alfabus
    Free Member

Bump, does anyone know where to buy non-XTR shimano skewers (preferably just the rear one) ?

Dave

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Dave, I’ve got some pretty much mint Deore-spec ones spare if you want them? Came off an MT15 wheelset which I don’t have anymore (can’t remember why I’ve ended up with just the QRs!).

Tenner posted?

As for Hope QRs, I’d rather have a poke in the eye. Shimano/boltup/Superstar 10MM things on all my bikes.

sugdenr
    Free Member

Tune skewers and seatclamps, rock solid, dead easy to lock/unlock, super light titanium blinginess.

alfabus
    Free Member

Dave, I’ve got some pretty much mint Deore-spec ones spare if you want them? Came off an MT15 wheelset which I don’t have anymore (can’t remember why I’ve ended up with just the QRs!).

Tenner posted?

OK, I’ll go for that (as long as ‘pretty much mint’ doesn’t conform to the RealMan definition 😉 )

email in my profile, since I couldn’t spot one in yours.

Dave

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’ll get some pics to you later Dave. Working from home today so it’ll be sometime this aft.

And no, their description isn’t (as far as I can remember!) Realman-like 😉

alfabus
    Free Member

cool, thanks.

Dave

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Crank Brothers split QR skewers – rocking or shocking?’ is closed to new replies.