Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Crank Brothers Joplin seatpost won't rise?
  • Paceman
    Free Member

My 6 month old Crank Brothers Joplin 3 seatpost won't rise back up again on its own accord, only if pulled back up whilst lifting the lever. I've gone through the full maintenance procedure and re-lubed it etc but it's still the same.

Anyone else had a similar problem or got a solution?

Cheers – Paceman

geetee1972
    Free Member

Sounds like the air chamber has become flooded with oil? This can happen and can be cured by simply cycling the post manually like you would do a suspension fork.

showerman
    Free Member

mine did this once found the leaver not fully returning give it a little push down to release

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Paceman
    Free Member

Sounds like the air chamber has become flooded with oil? This can happen and can be cured by simply cycling the post manually like you would do a suspension fork.

Geetee1972

Sorry for the dumb question, but what do you mean by cycling the post manually? 😳

racing_ralph
    Free Member

pumping up and down by hand

Paceman
    Free Member

Yeah, i've been doing that for the last couple of weeks to compensate for it not lifting under it's own steam, but would rather find the route of the problem. It's an expensive bit of kit to not work as it should! 😯

geetee1972
    Free Member

Fear not the warranty is pretty good. Just had my Joplin 3 replaced with a Joplin 4 because of the side to side play. Just get in touch with the retailer, they should just pass it onto the distributor for repair or replacement.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

how much side to side movement is acceptable?

spev

have you check that the collar isn't done up too tight? thats what happened to a mates one after he serviced it

racing_ralph
    Free Member

also if you do the seat clamp up too tight it stops it coming up properly

geetee1972
    Free Member

also if you do the seat clamp up too tight it stops it coming up properly

Sounds like a cock ring! 😆

geetee1972
    Free Member

how much side to side movement is acceptable?

I guess it's down to the individual but mine got so bad that it felt like the rear wheel was seriously loose or the rear triangle was coming unbolted and was really disconcerting.

The new Joplin 4 has two slotted bushes to reduce the play but it won't ever be completed removed with that design. The slots wear as well as the bushes.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Crank Brothers Joplin seatpost won't rise?’ is closed to new replies.