Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Crank brothers iodine 2 help
  • jambo2328
    Free Member

Got a new frame with 142 rear end does anybody know if I can convert from qr to 12mm ? Seems to be the bolt holding the free hub on is the problem can I just get a different free hub or not please help cheers

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

If the caps don’t come off, then it’s a QR rear axle only and cannot be converted. I had the same issue with my iodine 3 wheels, I ended up selling them and buying another set of 142×12
    When 2 pure when cranks bros importers I did look into changing the rear axle and was quoted I think £150 if done by them. They wouldn’t sell me the axle. But I don’t think the new importers will do this for you as they still have very little stock.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Long shot but I’ve got a 142×12 converter to let you run a 135×10 rear wheel in a 142×12 frame
    It’s from a 2013 zesty

batman11
    Free Member

Pretty sure the hubs are 142 specific, I bought a set with 142 and can convert down.
    When I got my iodine 3 the guy told me it was iodine 3’s only and you need to get them set up already.
    But give 2pure a ring to check tough.

jambo2328
    Free Member

Cheers for the help guys looks like I’ll move them on

ratherbeintobago

IIRC the 2014 wheels are convertible by swapping end caps; I didn’t think the previous wheels were but unhelpfully there aren’t any immediately obvious tech docs for these on the CB website.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Crank brothers iodine 2 help’ is closed to new replies.