Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • crank brother Iodine wheels, any real world opinions?
  • si-wilson
    Free Member

I am thinking of building my next bike with a set of the Crank bros Iodine wheels, does anyone have any experience long term experience of them yet?

druidh
    Free Member

I believe Guy Kestevens has been running some for a while now.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Not ridden any, but a mate's got some of the gold coloured ones (XC wheels. Not sure of the name) and he really likes them. It has to be said on looks alone they could be worth the £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
    Really nice wheels, IMO. Only time will tell if they last.

ojom
    Free Member

I have a set of Cobalts in stealth undercover colour scheme that i was running on test. They have been annoyingly perfect and have had no problems.
    Guy and I both had a set given to us to try and break and ride in the slop and muck but there have been no issues at all.

It almost like i want them to have a problem but there is truly nothing bad about them (the whole range is built on the same principle so these comments are valid for the iodines also).

Had them for about a year now.

When i worked at 2pure we gave a set to a journo from a well known mag – he had a problem with them. It transpired he hadn't put a hub seal back in place properly…

thats all i think there is to report. apart from they look awesome.

si-wilson
    Free Member

job done, i'll order a set 🙂

ojom
    Free Member

from me aye? 🙂

seanoc
    Free Member

I read that mag review and it was pretty damning. Pleased to hear there is a fair explanation.

What freehub does it use? and erhhhhhhh…would they be suitable for SS speed use?

knott4me
    Free Member

i love them .very strong & have taken several beatings at stainburn & still perfect .

si-wilson
    Free Member

Does anyone have a real picture of the new iron colours?

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

knott4me, those are truly blingtastic. How much, and are there other colours?

RepacK
    Free Member

They look v bling & all the reviews have been spot on – my only concern would be spares esp if you are off in some far flung corner of the world with yer wheels & something goes wrong.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Mark – send me a set, I'll break 'em for you…. 😈

knott4me
    Free Member

they were rrp £829.00 i payed £700.00 on crc 7 they are now even £100.00 cheaper.

there are other colours avialble but not sure there coming to the uk.

check out crc

spares doesn,t concern me as 2 pure have a claims parts/warranty dept to rival the worlds best.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘crank brother Iodine wheels, any real world opinions?’ is closed to new replies.