Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Crank bros seatclamp slips, any solution?
  • DT78
    Free Member

Other than buy another post? 34.9 scott figment so limited choice, using a cobalt 11 saddle is fine until a heavy landing and it will end up moving and pointing the saddle skyward. Done it a few times now, over tightening the bolt doesn’t sort (already rounded one). Tried carbon paste. anything else?

JoeG
    Free Member

You now have the perfect excuse reason to get a dropper! 😀

bol

It’s the problem with single bolt seat posts. I concluded long ago that I am too heavy and lacking in finesse for anything with less than two. I think you’re going to have to swap it for something like a Thomson – or a dropper with a shim.

sheepshifter
    Free Member

Got the same problem with mine , an absolute sack of shit just like the majority of **** Brother’s products. Now got a Thomson post chalk and cheese ! Quality A1 .

devash
    Free Member

You could try making some shims out of thin metal i.e. beer or coke can and but these between the saddle rails and clamp. This may or may not work but generally I’ve seen so many criticisms of Crank Bros.’ single bolt seat clamp that I’d personally just get a different post.

DT78
    Free Member

Xc Race bike so droppers are out as too heavy…though it is tempting.

Reckon you are right, probably too heavy for the clamp design combined with an impact causes it to slip. I’ll try a shim as it was bloody expensive before I try something else, choices are limited in this size if I want light.

Del

if you’re determined to carry on with it i’d warranty it, but the most simple and effective solution will be to replace.
    CB products – beautifully packaged shit.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Thomson. I’d rather put up with a little extra weight and have a secure saddle any day.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Crank bros seatclamp slips, any solution?’ is closed to new replies.