Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Crank bros pedals
  • RoganJosh
    Free Member

Need a couple of pairs of new pedals, normally use egg beaters and candys, however a few horror stories on the longevity of these, is this the case? Mine have been ok, but wondering if I should try shimano instead of dropping a wad on something that maybe isn’t as durable as the older ones that I have.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Buy Time. Fit and forget kit.

All the supposed benefits of Crank, apart from the pretty packaging. Excellent mud clearance, good float. However, where Cranks require regular service intervals (ie, they fall apart), Times just go on forever.

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Ah, never had time. And I don’t really like loads of float.

debaser

Have always liked Crank Brothers pedals but last nights attempted rebuild on my Candy 2s was not a happy experience.

Everything about the pedals is great… with the notable exception of the plastic end caps which are such a jaw dropping design oversight I cannot even summon the invective to appropriately express my annoyance.

Have always been happy to lavish care, attention and grease on them and I allowed them a little grace on their first generation pedals after a pair of dozen-ride-old smarties disintegrated under me, but think I may have reached the end of my patience with them.

mokl
    Free Member

I refer the honourable gentlemen to my recent thread:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/getting-the-plastic-end-caps-off-candy-2s

njee20
    Free Member

All the supposed benefits of Crank, apart from the pretty packaging

The sole motivator for me to try CB was their lightweight, Time aren’t as light. I’ve chucked new bearings in my Egg Beaters periodically, but generally they’ve lasted very well. The new ones have decent warranties on the bearings.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

the old eggbeaters only had bearings on one side, the new ones have bearings both sides.

I have Look 4x4s which are the same design and have the bearings both sides and they last ages.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Crank bros pedals’ is closed to new replies.