• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by tomd.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Crank Bros Iodine 2 wheelset 29" – any reason not to purchase?
  • Flapjack
    Free Member

Just bought a 29er frame and forks, so in need of some wheels to complete the build. Just seen these on sale 50% off at Merlin’s for £240. Apparently they are the 2013 ones, so have the hub problems that plagued the early ones sorted. I really like the look of them & was wondering if anyone has any experiences of them? or should I just MTFU and hit the ‘buy’ button? 😀

Shorty121
    Free Member

50 quid more and you can have hope hoops with no problems.

http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/category/2968/Hope_29er_Wheels

Sancho
    Free Member

I personally avoid any product made by Crank Brothers

Slogo
    Free Member

I would spend the extra £60 and get the 3s. Its a great price, I can’t see many people buying them at full RRP.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve had various CB wheels over quite a long period both new and used and I’ve never had any problems. They roll forever are easily tubeless and look great.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Crank brothers kit is fine, as long as it features ‘no moving parts’

One of my golden rules, after bitter experience.

ratherbeintobago

Might there be a spares issue (didn’t CB change both the design of the hubs and their distributor for 2014)?

steezysix
    Free Member

I can see two reasons not to get them: the front wheel, and the back wheel. Unless it’s a multitool, I avoid CB products like the plague.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Avoid – get Hope Hoops but not CB!

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

50% off for a reason imo…..

Another vote for Hope Hoops.

tomd
    Free Member

Availability of spares and spokes would be something to consider, if you ride in really manky condition or you’re hard on kit. If you like the look of them and never have problems with spokes / hubs then maybe worth a punt.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Crank Bros Iodine 2 wheelset 29" – any reason not to purchase?’ is closed to new replies.