Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Crank Bros ask me anything on pinkbike – Well they did ask
  • moonsaballoon

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/ask-us-anything-crankbrothers-monday-june-27-1000-pst.html

Probably not what they were hoping for but surely they know their own reputation . For the record i like the clipless pedals but the internals are made of cheese

BoardinBob

Tim Young, warranty manager, how does it feel to be the busiest guy in the bike industry?

😆

Trimix
    Free Member

I’m surprised they wanted to hear from their customers.

They are very naive if they think this will end up with all those dissatisfied people suddenly liking them.

Or do they genuinely not know how bad their reputation is ?

tmb467
    Free Member

think they know and they’re starting to at least acknowledge it

Coyote
    Free Member

See, I’ve used 50/50s for a few years now and not had any issues. My bro-in-law has 50/50s on his Demo over in Vancouver, never had any issues. Are we both just exceptionally lucky?

scotroutes

No.
    Any STW thread on CB pedals will have a number of happy respondents.

moonsaballoon

Whilst it’s true you will get people saying they have never had any problems with crank bros pedals how many times do you hear of shimano pedals failing in the same way crank bros does . I like what they do as a company , they do actually seem to design things and try to innovate as opposed to just painting a catalogue item from Taiwan , it’s just that in the time I have gone through a couple of pairs of candys and mallets and spent 50 quid on rebuild kits my mate is on the same pair of shimanos with no real maintenance required .

scotroutes

Look, and ye shall find

moonsaballoon

Well I suppose you can prove anything with facts 😀

RickDraper
    Free Member

Which product are you most ashamed of?
    1.Kronolog
    2.Joplin
    3.Joplin 2
    4.Joplin 3
    5.All the directsets
    6.50/50 pedals
    7.Hubs on all the wheels
    8.Spokes on all the wheels
    9.Telling people who you work for

LOL

honourablegeorge

Fair play – they’re having a go

crankbrothers PLUS (21 mins ago)
    Dear @therealtylerdurden, a couple of years ago before getting in charge of the company, I spent a lot of time listening to feedback from riders about crankbrothers. There were positive and negative comments: our attitude has been to work on the negative comments to improve everything we are and were doing. One comment, in particular, stood in my mind: “hire less designers, hire more engineers”. Two years ago, when I got in charge of the company I kept in mind that comment and we started a new era from there. Small passionate companies like ours are made by people, and the first focus for us has been to build a new team with new engineers that develop and test products in different environments than California. For this reason one year ago we opened a new R&D center in Utah, with a new engineering team, lead by Jason Schiers, with a strong focus on reliable and innovative products. The first output of the new team has been changing the components of our pedals to drastically improve the durability and the new dropper post, the Highline. We are extremely committed to make sure this is only the beginning of this new chapter. // gaspare

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

. For this reason one year ago we opened a new R&D center in Utah

If you squint, then this looks like just the same sort of mud that kills CB pedals in a matter of rides.

moonsaballoon

To be fair if I owned a bike company and was going to open a r and d facility and could choose anywhere to test stuff by riding my bike every day Utah would near the top of my list

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Crank Bros ask me anything on pinkbike – Well they did ask’ is closed to new replies.