Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • crank arm length 170 / 175 any difference`s with performance between them ??????
  • RD350LC
    Free Member

Hi
    Is there any real difference with changing form 170mm lenght crank arms to 175mm lenght crank arms will I notice the change in lenght is there any benefits in the longer arms

glenncampbell

Well, I'm 6'2 and really like the 175mm cranks – on my road bike and MTB's. All personal choice though!

oxym0r0n

yes

njee20
    Free Member

I know someone of similar height to Glenn who recently swapped to 170s and liked it.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

no

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

my previous answer was facetious in response to a plain 'yes'. The real answer is that 175mm may be slightly better for riders who are 6' or taller (or have long legs), and some claim to be able to feel the difference, but I rode for ages with 2 different lengths left/right and couldn't tell which was which. For normal purposes it's not critical, unless perhaps you're very fussy or sensitive, and I wouldn't reject either length if available.

A short rider (5') tried 165s but told me they 'felt wrong' although that would be the recommeded length for her height.

RD350LC
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback will try the 175mm see what it`s like

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘crank arm length 170 / 175 any difference`s with performance between them ??????’ is closed to new replies.