Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Crampons
  • boblo
    Free Member

Well spotted Moly, that was the point. You are on form tonight aren’t you? 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Mmm?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

abbing of the end of the rope etc
    Isn’t that what the knot is for?

The point was relevant, a famous alpinist died just that way (can’t recall his name), rappelling off the summit block of La Meije, rappelled off the end, having forgotten to tie the knot.

Edukator
    Free Member

Simond Makalu.

Well if you’re walking in winter it’s probably because you can’t get any further on skis, right?

On the subject of tripping up with crampons snagging, I’m pretty sure I lost a good friend that way. He was soloing in the Monte Rosa and was found dead after falling on the easy standard route we assume he was using to get back down.

rascal
    Free Member

Seems to be a couple of brand snobs on here tonight 😕
    North Ridge isn’t a highbrow name but these are made by Grivel (or Grovel) , whose core products are axes and crampons – so I would hardly think they are crap and send me ‘off down a slope’ any more than anyone else’s crampons. I have read plenty of reviews on the Monte Rosa and they sound exactly like what I need – I know my limits and won’t undertake anything I think I can’t do. I am deffo going to get on some sort of basic skills course though – hopefully before I get out on them!

Spin
    Free Member

Good call

boblo
    Free Member

I’m not a brand snob, I own 2 pairs of Grivel crampons and one of their axes. It’s good kit.

If GO’s own brand kit is made to the same standards, it’ll be reet.

Enjoy your stomping about, let’s hope we get some decent conditions this year to use our winter kit in/on 🙂

rascal
    Free Member

What makes you think I was referring to you Boblo? 😉
    Looking forward to using them (after course of course).

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Crampons’ is closed to new replies.