Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Cramp in fingers during a ride.
  • gears_suck
    Free Member

New to me and weird!
    Do you suffer from hand cramp during rides?

singlespeedstu

Have you been trying to change gear again?
    😉

gears_suck
    Free Member

Ha. That must be it… Happened over the chase the other day and I was on the ss. So?

singlespeedstu

**** more often to firm up your grip. 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

MTFU

yorlin
    Free Member

Catch up with a fellow rider and vigorously rub your hand up and down his back. Don’t say anything – he will understand.

gears_suck
    Free Member

allthepies – Member
    MTFU

I don’t recall having said it effected my riding or are you trying to feel better about yourself? It’s OK. I can be your crutch.

gears_suck
    Free Member

singlespeedstu – Member
    **** more often to firm up your grip.

I can’t do that stu. The misses gets pissed off. 🙂

jonba
    Free Member

drink copious amounts of high5 it works for other cramp.

glupton1976
    Free Member

I can’t do that stu. The misses gets pissed off.

Sod the missus – you cannae beat the real stuff. 😀

sugdenr
    Free Member

Bigger softer grips like odi ruffian, move seat back/raise bars slightly to shift weight off front, old motocrossers trick is to stretch arm and open close hand ‘on the straights’

Northwind

Bigger softer grips if you have skinny grips. Or skinny grips if you already have big soft grips.

epicyclo

Dropbars

gears_suck
    Free Member

I guess I could try some drop bars upside down with a skinny grip one side and fat one the other while pointing my layback seat post forwards?.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Try tilting your bar position backwards a little, your bodyweight should be spread evenly over the palm of your hand,moving your saddle forwards or a shorter stem will help too.

kayak23

Every so often, Jazz hands…

gears_suck
    Free Member

Haha. I like the jazz my hands option. 😀

gears_suck
    Free Member

GaVgAs – Member
    Try tilting your bar position backwards a little, your bodyweight should be spread evenly over the palm of your hand,moving your saddle forwards or a shorter stem will help too.

Interesting! And you recommend theses adjustments to my riding position based upon what reference?
    Besides i never asked for recommendations or solutions. I merely enquired whether anyone else has experienced this.

sugdenr
    Free Member

Besides i never asked for recommendations or solutions. I merely enquired whether anyone else has experienced this.

Fair enough, our mistake, you just wanted typical STW responses, here we go then …

MTFU and ride

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

A couple of guys I ride with suffer from hand cramps, usually after long descents or progressively getting worse when we do long bike rides with multiple descents.

I’d always assumed it had something to do with them either gripping the bars too tightly or having too much weight on their arms.

One of them has just changed to a wider bar with some new grips so it’ll be interesting to see if that helps. The other guy’s new to mtb so it’ll be just as interesting to see if he stops complaining as he does more.

Out of interest, have you been able to work out whether its caused by a particular type of riding? i.e. very technical descents or very fast and you’re braking a lot?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Cramp in fingers during a ride.’ is closed to new replies.