• This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by ton.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • cramp in a leg you cant stretch?
  • ton

how to stop it, without chopping the bastard off?

woke me up at 5 this morning, hot knife pain in my lower calf, which I cant stretch. it wont stop cramping.

any ideas how to stop it.

wwaswas

Keep your kit on if you’re in the office.

[edit] sorry if I’ve misunderstood ‘can’t stretch’ as being something that prevents you doing the above.

ninfan
    Free Member

Glass of tonic water before bed. Gin optional

wwaswas

Me again!

this too…

I would say, get in the habit of stretching the calf regularly, not just when it hurts. My calves get really tight as they’re never really strethced when cycling. Doing some work on them a couple fo times a day really helps and stops them cramping at odd times (which they used to)

Coyote
    Free Member

Rolling might help. Also are you making sure you are properly hydrated? The other thing to consider is when did this start happening? Were there any other changes that may have contributed?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Eat some bananas, you need potassium.

ton

it started this morning at 5. never suffered from cramp before. with my recently fused ankle, I cant stretch it off at all. wondered if there was a pill to take to relax the calf muscles.

wwaswas

given your other issues it might be worth talking to a physio about what you can do regularly to help prevent it happening again and maybe there’s something you could do at the time like resting the ‘sore spot’ on a tennis ball to relieve it?

midlifecrashes

Bananas(potassium) and tonic water(iodine) if it’s cramp. You’re recent post-op and not very mobile though, are you sure it’s cramp? Might be worth ringing your clinic if you think you might have a blood clot on the go, you don’t mess with them.

ton

thanks for the tips wwaswas. I will try a roller first, see if I can ease it.

ton

it must have been cramp. I used a roller for half a hour on it, it eased it and has not returned.

cheers wwaswas………… 8)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘cramp in a leg you cant stretch?’ is closed to new replies.