Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cramp and pins and needles in the hands and feet – Why and how to stop it
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I thought it was just a trapped nerve or something causing pain in the right arm but it is spreading to my other limbs!!!

Okay, it is not quite that dramatic but I seem to be getting random cramp and pins and needles in both hands and feet from time to time. Sometimes when I am riding, sometimes when I am sat on the train.

Not massively painful but not pleasant.

Any ideas what might be causing it and how to stop it happening?

My current thoughts are that it is probably either a brain tumor, heart attack or a malignant growth wrapping it self around my spinal cord.

sassy
    Free Member

It may be Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. You need to stop gripping thous bar so tightly…some good grip and some gloves with plenty of padding might help but you really need to get it check out by your doc

cinnamon_girl

Could be coming from the neck. Do you use a chiropractor?

roach

I get this all the time, I’m convinced mine is MS 😕

….that’s health anxiety for you!

Cougar

Could be coming from the neck. Do you use a chiropractor?

If you do, that’s probably why.

cinnamon_girl

Oh dear, here we go again. 🙄

Chiropractors can work for some.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

I’ve had a trapped nerve in my neck since early Jan. Getting better now, but for about 3 weeks I could barely move, and couldn’t sit comfortably or sleep at all. Serious pain in my arm, numb fingers, burning shoulder through to pectoral muscle etc.

Been having physio, and it’s getting there, but still a few weeks away from riding again. It’s knackered my half marathon and triathlon training for sure.

But if you are getting it in hands and feet you need to get to a doctor. Nerves emanating from the neck do the upper limbs, lower back lower limbs. So to get it in both sounds a bit odd.

Cougar

Chiropractors can work for some.

Sure, the placebo effect is well documented. Suppose it’ll help if your vitalistic humours are out of phase as well.

cinnamon_girl

Cougar – I strongly disagree with you but really can’t be bothered being reminded of how battered my body was and how the chiropractor gave me a new lease of life.

markrh
    Free Member

Could be vitamin b12 deficiency, causes pins and needles/numbness in fingers/toes and its easy to get sorted out,don’t leave it to long to get it checked though 🙂

Diane
    Free Member

Oh dear WCA don’t peg it ’till after 18th June!

Cougar

Cougar – I strongly disagree with you but really can’t be bothered being reminded of how battered my body was and how the chiropractor gave me a new lease of life.

I’m glad it helped you. Plenty of reasons why that might be the case. But yes, this probably isn’t the place.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I am putting the arm pain down to the dislocation of both shoulders at last years Big Bike Bash. The new stuff in the legs is strange and definitely worse in the ankle I smashed a few years back.

I am wondering if the cold winter and lack of exercise is letting all my old injuries creep up on me.

The cramp in my feet was definitely worse when I wore some Sealskin waterproof socks which were a bit tight so I am guessing poor blood flow.

Any ways of improving blood flow other than judicious use of warfarin?

chickadee
    Free Member

Probably one of these:
    http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/symptoms/tingling/causes.htm

I know it’s a bit of an out-there idea, but perhaps just go to a doctor and ask for their advice?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

chick – What do Doctors know compared to an internet forum like STW when it comes to medical stuff?

derek_starship
    Free Member

Hmmm – is there a CT or MRI app for the iPhone 4? 😮

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cramp and pins and needles in the hands and feet – Why and how to stop it’ is closed to new replies.