Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • cragg quarry
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

ok i really need to visit this quarry …just watched the cragg quarry video with Rowen Sorrel and Ed Ox…. makes me wanna get there as soon as possible… i like the flowing track !! its not like a live a million miles away either..so whats the quickest and easiest way to get there fron singletrack land (Todmorden)…. 😉

nbt

head towards Walsden, take the Bacup road. Park up at the Buck Inn in Cowpe and ride up.

It's alright as part of a bigger ride, maybe not worth driving for. It's right on top of the hill and soi is exposed to winds and as a result is quite pedally to make way against the headwind

elaineanne
    Free Member

mite be quicker to ride over sourhall ? how far past lee quarry is it ?

stever
    Free Member

We rode across from Lee Q on Monday – didn't seem that far. Nice return trip back down.

elaineanne
    Free Member

there isnt a specific track form lee quarry is there ? which way did you go ?

nbt

if you search this forum for "cragg" there's a thread with directions from lee to cragg

stever
    Free Member

Umm, I followed Dave. There is a track, it's just not been armoured like everything else. From the far side of the quarry there's a grassy track that heads towards the turbines, when you hit the Rooley Moor Rd turn R. You'll go above the top Cowpe Res. Or ask a local 🙂

We were busy chatting, but it was maybe 15 mins up?

MrSparkle

It's alright as part of a bigger ride, maybe not worth driving for.

Oh I'd disagree with that. I wouldn't drive far, but …

elaineanne
    Free Member

…then ive gotta get back home too ! hmmmm beter power up then on me orange bike…if Rowen S can go that fast on his 'orange' then i can too ! lol 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘cragg quarry’ is closed to new replies.