Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • cracking time lapse video
  • aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

that is all, i love this and the music

nice

brakes
    Free Member

tilt-shift time-lapse, coming to an advert near you soon

m0nster2
    Free Member

I still don’t understand why those tilt-shift movies look like model train sets ….. but I know what I like. Nice!

showerman
    Free Member

i love nevarda very hot in summmer bloody cold in winter

alpin
    Free Member
    Sandwich

I reckon this one is quite good too. Pork Tales

splatz
    Free Member

Oh Pork Tales is sooooooo good!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Pork tales is very good.

But if you like the first one, check out Koyaanisquatsi; lots of time-lapse/speeded up photography, but with a real narrative. Beautiful film.

Drac

Great video and tracked down the Ectasy of Gold remix MP3 too now Ennio Morricone is a genius.

sockpuppet

fairly long lenses with shallow depth of field?

either that or they are actually the best train sets, ever

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Wow.

That looks very surreal, and if I’d not been to some of those places in the vid, I’d say it was faked….

This is me standing in one of those arches. They are just north of Moab, Utah and IIRC they are called the ‘Windows’ or something. The veiw when you stand in them is jaw dropping. Too big to photograph!
    This is me standing in one…..

Drac

Not faked at all it’s a Tilt Shift lens.

eldridge
    Free Member

tiltshift is short-term gimmicky bollocks which appeals to the sort of film makers who like to use loads of different pre-set transitions and effects

the music is copyright protected and the film-maker is ripping someone off by using it in this context

Advice to film maker:
    1. lose the cheesy “effects”
    2. find or create music which doesn’t violate copyright
    3. your unadorned footage is good enough to stand on its own – FFS just let it!

GrahamS

LOL – I wondered how long it would be before Eldridge showed up slagging this video off like last time.

How do you know he violated copyright? He may have had permission (Keith Loutit certainly did when you accused him of the same offence.)

And what makes you think it is an “effect”? Looks like a tilt-shift lens to me.

Advice to eldridge:
    Put your money where your mouth is. Show us the videos that you’ve made. Show us the critical acclaim and the various enthusiastic postings about them on random forums. In particular post something on Vimeo and get 832,000 plays in 3 months like Keith Loutit did. Then we’ll take you seriously. 🙂

eldridge
    Free Member

I wondered how long it would be

Since I posted on here before you did, you clearly didn’t wonder that long!

And if you read my post, you will see that my objection in both cases relates to applying cheesy effects to footage that could perfectly well stand up for itself as originally shot

Then we’ll take you seriously

Who is this “we” of whom you speak?

Are you some sort of spokesperson for cheesy video effects?

I have made no tiltshift videos, for reasons which must be obvious, so cannot comply with your suggestion that I post one.

But I predict that, a year from now, tiltshift will be dead and gone, an ex-technology, pushing up the film-making daisies, it will be no more, it wilL be the Norwegian blue of video gimmicks

GrahamS

Since I posted on here before you did, you clearly didn’t wonder that long!

Scarily I can actually read a thread without needing to comment on it.

And if you read my post, you will see that my objection in both cases relates to applying cheesy effects to footage that could perfectly well stand up for itself as originally shot

And in both cases you assume that this was a post-production effect. I don’t know the details of this video, but in the Keith Loutit video the footage was “originally shot” using a tilt-shift lens – no “cheesy video effect” was employed.

I have made no tiltshift videos, for reasons which must be obvious, so cannot comply with your suggestion that I post one.

Post ANY video you have made on Vimeo. Get over 800k plays then come back.

Right now you are pointing at videos that are very popular and telling us all why they aren’t popular – it makes you look foolish.

samuri
    Free Member

But I predict that, a year from now, tiltshift will be dead and gone, an ex-technology, pushing up the film-making daisies, it will be no more, it wilL be the Norwegian blue of video gimmicks

Tilt shift lenses were invented in 1904.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Tilt shift lenses were invented in 1904.

but lens and film plane movements were in use before anyone thought to put movements in the lens barrel.
    FYI canon released their first T/S lens in the early 70’s

Drac

FYI canon released their first T/S lens in the early 70’s

So still not exactly short term then.

Surfr
    Free Member

I must say I am keen to see what eldridge can produce too.

samuri
    Free Member

Canon weren’t in operation in the 1870’s

jimmy

Day at the Beach, or Bathtub, is from Keith Loutit

GrahamS

canon… early 70’s

Nikon did their first 35mm tilt/shift lens in 1961. 😛

vanilla83
    Free Member

eldridge – Member
    tiltshift is short-term gimmicky bollocks which appeals to the sort of film makers who like to use loads of different pre-set transitions and effects

Short term? Really? That’ll be why some of the biggest and most amazing advertising companies in the world are playing around with tiltshift to see exactly what they can achieve with it. There will be a few massive tv campaigns coming out soon(ish) which use this “short-term gimmicky bollocks”

eldridge – Member

the music is copyright protected and the film-maker is ripping someone off by using it in this context

2. find or create music which doesn’t violate copyright

Do you do that as well then? Because in this thread: http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/can-you-download-music-from-youtube you quite clearly use something to enable you to download/rip/record music that is playing from an internet source which is almost def going to be copyrighted.

eldridge – Member

You’re wrong. Oh so wrong. Would you like to put some money on that? In fact a lot of money on that?

eldridge – Member

He didn’t ask for a tiltshift video; he asked for any video you’ve made. So go on then, show us something amazing you’ve made. (And before you ask me to show mine; I’m a designer who builds the sites that all these “cheesy effects” go on to, not a video producer)

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘cracking time lapse video’ is closed to new replies.