Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cracked saddle fix?
  • BigEls
    Free Member

Right, just broke my Specialized Toupe saddle and cracked the plastic base near the rails at the back.

Would epoxy and fibreglass work or would it be too brittle?

What else could I try which would bond it and be flexible?

cynic-al
    Free Member

pic needed, and certain plastics don’t like glue mind!

theblackmount
    Free Member

Speak to Specialized re replacement?

Or bin it as I very much doubt you’ll find anything to bond it without making it feel like concrete.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nigelb001
    Free Member

New saddle

chief9000
    Free Member

Why not send a pic that way it can be assessed better. If its a thermoset plastic, its likely you could make a repair. If its thermoplastic they are a little more difficult to glue.

Whats the cost of suck a saddle?

gonzy
    Free Member

suck a saddle?

errrr….no thanks!! 😆

eshershore
    Free Member

don’t bother trying to fix it – the material has failed

speak to your local dealer (ideally who you bought the original saddle from) they should be able to sort something out at a reasonable cost

vancoughcough
    Free Member

I was disappointed with my Selle SMP STK saddle.. it has split at the nose after just a month…

BigEls
    Free Member

OK, No picture but a description. If you are looking at the saddle on a bench, the nose is facing me and the saddle is rails up. The crack is starts roughly 20mm up from the centre cut out part of the saddle and 20mm to the left of the middle and then extends diagonally up and left to the back of the saddle. The crack has missed the rail and plastic surround (keeping strength to sit on).

The crack was not even on a fall (think my shorts just caught the back plastic at the back of the saddle.

Annoying as it’s a clean break. Any idea’s? Can I fix so i still has a bit of movement as the saddle should move and flex?

chief9000
    Free Member

gonzy – Member

suck a saddle?

errrr….no thanks!!

Doh ! 😕

mrlugz
    Free Member

I split the saddle on my enduro right through the middle. I tweeted a pic to @iamspecialized and @themasterlink responded saying to take it to my local dealer as it may be warrantable. I’d do that before I tried to glue it as once you’ve tried that you will most certainly void any warranty that you may have.

I trail fixed it with sticks and black tape. It was awful….

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cracked saddle fix?’ is closed to new replies.