Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cracked phone screen, alternatives to massive repair bill?
  • mattbibbings
    Free Member

I dropped my sony xperia z and cracked the screen. Stupid I know.

I’m uninsured. Again, stupid.

Took it to the 02 store who have sent it for repair and I got a quote. £237!!!!!!! 😯

This is not an option. Does anyone have any idea how you go about mending phone screens without any techy knowledge or breaking the bank?

Any help much appreciated.

jam-bo

Get the parts from eBay

Search YouTube for a how to video.

scotroutes

Ebay/Youtube might help.

Some of the newer (SAMOLED) screens make it a bit more difficult.
    I’ve just been looking into this as I’ve cracked the glass on my One S – though it still functions perfectly.

I’m guessing you don’t have one of those Premium bank accounts that covers phones either? I reckon that’s ho I’ll get mine fixed.

meehaja
    Free Member

did the same with my nokia 820. £50 from dodgy shop on the highstreet, or £28 for a screen and follow youtube video

Jamie
    Free Member

Took it to the 02 store who have sent it for repair and I got a quote. £237!!!!!!!

Blimey. Brand new one from Amazon, sim free, is only* £350.

*Relatively speaking.

tenfoot

I broke my screen on my galaxy s2 back in July. Luckily it’s still working fine and the cracks don’t affect the viewing area too bad.

It might be worth checking your house contents insurance, although the excess might be more than the cost of a dodgy screen replacement from the high street.

kimbers

xperia z screen is 100 quid on ebay

better off just buying one of them new motorolas for 135

tymbian
    Free Member

Carphone warehouse also told me about £230, when I questioned it he said he could do it for £80.

mattbibbings
    Free Member

Thanks for the options folks.

I’m pretty sure I’d make it worse if I tried to fix it. Bikes yes, electronic gizmos no!

I’ve googled up a few places that offer screen repair in Leeds so I think I’ll try Tymbians approach first and then if hat fails I’ll take my chances with one of them.

spooky_b329

You could get a nexus 5 for the price of the repair 🙂

Mackem

I cracked the screen on my note 2. Glass replacement is only 10 quid. Maybe that’s all you need. 30 quid for shop in town to fit it.

maybe this is all you need?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FoR-Sony-Ericsson-Xperia-Z1-Z1i-R800i-R800-Panel-Touch-Screen-Digitizer-Glass-/281188410648?pt=UK_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item417822a518

damitamit
    Free Member

Cracked my screen on my Nexus 4 last weekend. Took it to Geek Squad in Carphone Warehouse (Tottenham Court Rd London) store and they repaired it next day for £80.

Thou obviously it must depend on the particular phone (there was a girl in there with a cracke S3 they were quoting 170 for).

meehaja
    Free Member

If you’re in Leeds, the Shop on Armley town street did mine. Guy that works there isn’t chatty! but he did a good job

devon_roadie
    Free Member

What did you do about this in the end? The screen on mine cracked today, hours after I bought it (secondhand). I’m pretty distraught

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cracked phone screen, alternatives to massive repair bill?’ is closed to new replies.