Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Cracked Mavic hub question
  • shinsplints

I have a Mavic Crossmax front wheel which has cracked either side of where one of the rotor bolts screws in. My questions are :

* Who can I contact ? Local Mavic dealer (Dave Mellors) or UK distributor ?

* Will they tell me to do one ? ( I am not sure of their age and I bought them used)

* Will they go down the "correct torque" route ? In which case I don't know what they are torqued up to ( they are the same as when I got them, done up tight, end of examination )

* As a slight aside I use them only for XC, do not jump off anything and I am running a 160mm rotor.

Advice ?

Stoner
    Free Member

well there's no warranty on which you can rely as you have them second hand. Warranties are personal contracts with the original purchaser unless otherwise agreed (such as some car warranties)

Other than that I suggest a local mavic dealer could arrange a repair for you but Id guess it might be a wait – although at least youve still got the original spokes….

warpcow
    Free Member

I had a Crossride (front) do that last month. It was only 9 months old though. Contected where I bought it from and recieved a waybill in the post the next day. Sent it back and had a new one about a week and a half later (by which time I'd bought new wheels anyway 8) )

EDIT: oh, and they never even asked about torque, etc.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Cracked Mavic hub question’ is closed to new replies.