Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cracked Hope Pro II – replacement for used parts?
  • Hallsy
    Free Member

I have been checking over a couple of Hope hubs I have, as I wanted to use them in a new wheel build.

Discovered that the front Pro II has a crack through one of the rotor bolt holes, and also a crack across the spoke flange.

I have heard that Hope are pretty good at replacing broken Pro II’s, but has anyone had a second hand replaced? I didn’t buy these hubs new, they were part of a used wheelset I bought some time ago.

I contacted Hope earlier, but they just asked where I bought them from.

I wasn’t expecting them to replace the shell FOC as I hadn’t purchased from new, but I’m sure I have heard stories of others having used parts replaced no quibble, FOC.

Has anyone had any joy with used parts and warranty/goodwill claims?

robware
    Free Member

When a spoke ripped out the hub flange I got in touch and was basically told that, since it was second hand, to go and source a replacement shell myself.

thomthumb
    Free Member

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/hubs/hope_pro_2_evo_40t_hub_shell/c144p12269.html?tab=description

shell is available as a spare.

Why would you expect 2nd hand warranty?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    breadcrumb

Just be honest and see what they offer.

At the moment you’ve a knackered hub, you won’t be any worse off no matter what they say.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Have had some Hope Vision 2 and Vision 4 lights repairs free of charge despite being 8 years old and purchased 2nd hand.

Hallsy
    Free Member

I was up front and said that I wasn’t the original purchaser.

They said I could buy a Pro 4 shell from any Hope dealer.

I wasn’t expecting them to replace it FoC, but after reading many similar accounts of broken Pro II hubs I wondered how far their goodwill would stretch!! Worth asking anyway.

I have found a 32H shell at a good price, but being picky, my set are silver…..

http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/54860/Hope_Pro_2_Evo_Front_Hub_Shell_Body

Northwind

It’s always worth trying with Hope- they’ve got generally good customer service, and also they know the product is a little bit cracky so they work hard to keep up appearances…

You could chuck that off to Steve the Anodiser and get it refinished, how much is a not-good-price? A whole wheel might end up a good buy tbh, 26ageddon means there’s lots of good hubs attached to unfashionable wheels and weirdly they can sell for less than the hubs alone.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cracked Hope Pro II – replacement for used parts?’ is closed to new replies.