Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cracked frame – Maxlight XC pro
  • Keva
    Free Member

Thought the bike was feeling a bit bendy today… stopped on the way home and noticed a rather large crack in the frame.

Frame is five years old, was used for cross country for four years and as a commuter for the last year.

I think it’s dead.

Kev

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Bit of gaffer tape & it’ll be right. 😉

Keva
    Free Member

nah… last couple of miles home felt rather flexy to say the least !

cinnamon_girl

That’s not much fun Kev. You’ll just have to put some more gears on the Lobster then!!

I definitely wouldn’t want to ride it.

takisawa2

Couple of these from Wilkos & you’ve a cracking folding bike…

forge197
    Free Member

That’s a proper good break that, probably a good thing it was only being used as a commuter, it could have been very nasty on a trial!!

Still you get to buy a new one 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I recall a mate who found a crack opened up on his commuter bike. It turns out that it originated from a collision with a car some years earlier than that, but had gone unnoticed. It had taken a few years for the micro-crack to propagate to a point where it cracked catastrophically.

Funny stuff metal. I’d stick to carbon fibre if I were you 😉

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

fancy like buying my kinesis maxlight 2007 frame, 19.5 £120 ? haha

julianwilson
    Free Member

hmmmm, I have got one just like that. And apart from whatever its previous owner did to it, I have given it a right, errr, ‘owning’.

Great gussetry up front but no good if it snaps just after the gusset 🙁

Keva
    Free Member

plumzrichard, I would but at 19.5in it’s nearly as tall as me. I’m 5’4″, ride small frames.

Keva
    Free Member

julian, This ones had a right thrashing over the years, just the last year it had a rather tame lifestyle.

Buzz, It’s never been hit by car, although I had an alu GT which was thrashed for seven years of it’s cross country life, turned commuter and got hit by two cars and is still going.

Kev

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cracked frame – Maxlight XC pro’ is closed to new replies.