Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • cracked cannondale frame after crash
  • scotroutes

Nope. That’s pretty standard and something I’ve always had for whatever small cost it incurs

bigrich

If you’ve been able to purchase a ‘better’ bike than you’d normally be able to because a reduction in its purchase price brought it to a level you could just afford as opposed to simply spending less than you were able to then an extra £500 may be beyond your means.

every bike I own is beyond my means. I stretch myself financially, but justify it by placing a value on the amount of recreation I get. It takes the sting out of doing without other stuff.

not being flippant, it’s how I deal with it.

amedias
    Free Member

I’m happy to be proven wrong but don’t those type of policies cost an arm and a leg ?

Nope, accidental damage cover and cover away from home is pretty common, certainly been standard inclusion on every policy I’ve ever had and not listed as extra cost

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Not claimed for bike but insurance paid out four k for hearing aids after they fell out of my pocket on the bike and were run over by traffic. To my shame I was on a road bike. Home and away with Halifax covered bikes as named items. Get a quote, most insurances do it. Think up to 30 days away in one stretch

spooky_b329

M&S premium contents insurance covered bikes for accidental damage including crash damage. Even if you are not sure, IRS worth asking as they’ll soon tell you if it’s not covered!

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’ve had a new frame out of M&S Home Insurance – the only thing they stipulated was that it needed to have been damaged as a result of a specific incident rather than wear and tear etc.

I think my excess was £50 on a roughly £500 frame and I then sold the old one on as spares or repair so worked out ok.

Policy doesn’t cost all that much, covers bikes to any value at home or away and has no specific lock requirements other than “at least try and lock it with something”. I pay for the insurance so I’ll use it whenever I want rather than save it for a special occasion!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Had away from home cover on loads when I was in the UK, got the same here, excess goes up for carbon and racing but thats it.
    It’s 1) worth reading the policy before you buy
    2) Picking a policy that covers you for what you want/need

Amazingly not all insurance is the same.

As for crash replacement I think they generally go with we will do what we can to offer you blah blah blah.
    What that is reliant on is them having spare frames that are not set aside for warranty. If they don’t have any Alu left then I can see then not wanting to do you a cheap carbon one or they couldn’t beat what Pauls Cycles offered you.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Well the home insurance was a no go. Pauls Cycles have agreed that a £200 deposit will secure the frame for 28 days. I have the cash for the frame but with my luck I’d better keep something in reserve.

I challenged Cannondale UK/sports cycling group about the replacement scheme but they have failed to reply, if Paul’s Cycles did not have any frames then I really would have been up the creak.

I’ll definitely look into the appropriate insurance, especially after finding out how little help Cannondale were prepared to offer.

thetallman
    Free Member

cannondale uk showed no interest

They appear to be very good at that 🙁

jaylittle
    Free Member

New frame arrived today courtesy of pauls cycles…. was looking at some new wheels/rims to add a bit of colour to it as its all very black (trigger 3 frame). Would love something like mavic deemax but a bit pricey for me.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Don’t feel as bad now…. looks like somebody else has done the same thing.

http://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/2039743/

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Mate just had is 2015 Carbon replaced as the swing arm snapped, warranty does work for that sort of stuff. (3 day turnaround too)

jaylittle
    Free Member

That’s good to hear. There was a guy on the Trigger thread that had bother with a carbon frame. I suppose if there churning out so many there will always be a few failures.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘cracked cannondale frame after crash’ is closed to new replies.