Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Crack in 2nd hand carbon bars
  • teenrat

Just received some sunline v1 25.4mm carbon bars from an ebayer. However, upon inspecting them, i have noticed that on the reverse of the bar, on both sides, where either the shifter or brake was clamped are two horizontal cracks, each about 3/4 inch long. As far as i can tell, it is only in the lacquer, but is this a sign of over torquing? Should i be worried?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Dunno, but I’d never buy 2nd hand carbon bars. Who knows what abuse they’ve seen?

chakaping
    Free Member

Send them back mate, why take the chance.

Was it Sunline who had a big recall on their carbon bars a few years ago?

Edit: It was the 31.8mm version, but still…

teenrat

checked that out, it was only the 31.8s that were recalled.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Sunline only recalled the 31.8 bars. I’ve got a pair of 25.4 and they’ve been great for years. Could the OP put some pics up? (even then, might be hard to tell)

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

a scratch in the lacquer is fine, use something like super glue to cover it. A scratch in the carbon is terminal. If the seller hadnt clearlyb pointed out the scratch then you should send them back for a refund. If he did, then you bought what you bought and the risk in riding them is with you. :o)

teenrat

wasn’t stated in the ad. These aren’t scratches, they are definately cracks. Will contact him after work tonight,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Crack in 2nd hand carbon bars’ is closed to new replies.