Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • CR2032 batteries
  • kimbers
    johnners
    Free Member

They’ll probably be fine, I’ve had cheap 2032s from ebay and they were OK. I wouldn’t have lights powered by them though, aren’t you having to change them every day or two? You can’t store much power in a 2032.

MSP

I have a back up silva rear light powered by two 2032’s, always use the cheap ones, lasts for weeks on flash mode.

z1ppy

I recommended some GP Batteries (branded) from CPC farnell by Smudge, got 10 for £6 odd, but bloody hell that cheap.

LapSteel
    Free Member

Aldi were selling them a few weeks back might be some still available….£1.25 for 3 I think

Ebay is way cheaper though……

cp

I’ve found the generic ones a bit crap, but Duracell branded from Babz media on ebay have been great.

midlifecrashes

Used to buy loads when all my kids had a handful of Tamagotchi on the go, they were fine and seemed similar longevity to UK store brands.

wrecker
    Free Member

I picked a pack of 10 up from poundstretcher for £2.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Got a 10x duracell ones off ebay quite cheeply and they’ve been fine, had a blister pack of unknown brand ones off ebay very cheaply and they lasted about 5 minutes each, leaked and mullered my HRM strap. So saving 50p cost me £35.

onandon
    Free Member

I buy branded cells for as cheap as poss on Ebay.
    I think I picked up 20 Duracell for £3 a few weeks back.

aracer
    Free Member

I recently got these Maxell branded ones off ebay, 10 for £1.50 – which is just about as cheap as anything else suggested for proper branded ones (admittedly I’ve not yet tested any, but unless they’re actually fake they should be decent quality).
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121184412616
    (thanks for the reminder, I need to order some more)

derek_starship
    Free Member

I got 12 Panasonic of the bay for under £6. Would have cost about £30 in Maplin!

heavyman
    Free Member

They have packs of 8 in the pound store, guess how much?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

guess how much?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBEJFelnQz4[/video]

As an aside, can you get anywhere decent rechargeable cr2032s? Seems wrong to throw them away every few weeks..

molgrips
    Free Member

I used to use supplementary lights that were great but took 2xCR2032. I realised how crap it was to be bulk buying them and tossing them all in the recycling, so I got a cheap clip on rear light that is far brighter and takes rechargeable AAAs.

aracer
    Free Member

The trouble you’ll find with rechargeable 2032s is that they’re unprotected and typical consumer devices which use them will likely drain them low enough to damage them. Personally I don’t get through them that quickly – I don’t have any lights I use regularly which take them, though need a supply as I have them in a wide variety of different things including my backup lights.

_tom_
    Free Member

Poundland?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘CR2032 batteries’ is closed to new replies.