Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • CPC.FARNELL
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Anyone else use them?

I ordered 2x CR2016 batteries yesterday, free delivery, and they turned up today via UPS.

Had several other orders for electronic stuff, come next day via RM 1st as well.

Don’t normally gush about companies online, but they really do knock Amazon into a cocked hat.

http://cpc.farnell.com/

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Farnell is ace. Except on Tuesday when I needed them and their site was malfunctioning. Only once, though.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Anybody that knocks amazon into a cocked hat goes on my list of preferred suppliers.

greeble
    Free Member

cpc are great. I’ve bought alot of items from them over the years. but once you’ve ordered prepair yourself with masses of junk mail through the letterbox from them

_tom_
    Free Member

I’ve also had similarly great experience with Ebuyer. Ordered an external HDD at around 8pm and it arrived the next day by noon. And I didn’t even pay for that, just chose the cheapest (which may have been free) delivery option 🙂 It was also the cheapest place on t’internet for said HDD.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I wonder how long my order from singletrackbikes will take.

project
    Free Member

great company,and they deliver on time, using ups /royal mail.

They also have a shop at preston near the asda,Faraday Drive, go in to buy some batteies and come out with lots more, also they did have a cctv demo room

project
    Free Member

oh and if you open an account with them you get a free catalogue lots of stuff to buy and about 3 times thicker than an argos one.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

A CCTV demo room you say? Near Preston? Awesome.

*programs satnav*

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

A catalogue? Thick one? Awesome!

*opens account*

smudge
    Free Member

Yes I use them both all the time. RS are equally as good… I once ordered a few polyswitches from RS in the afternoon and there was a knock on the door 7pm that evening with the delivery ! 🙂

Some of the weekly offers in CPC are worth looking out for too

johnellison
    Free Member

RS are equally as good.

If monumentally expensive.

nickjb
    Free Member

RS pricing is pretty random some; stuff is actually very cheap but other bits are way over priced. I’m using them a lot less these days since they started charging for delivery on smaller orders, though.

z1ppy

Anyone know of where I can get 10 odd decent CR2032’s without paying a £1 plus each, or buying old packs off amazon?

meehaja
    Free Member

and head office is down the road from me…

smett72

Great company. Used them for years at work. Worth looking out for the offer leaflets, as often these prices don’t appear on the website.

smett72

Anyone know of where I can get 10 odd decent CR2032’s without paying a £1 plus each, or buying old packs off amazon?

Try CPC
    http://cpc.farnell.com/gp-batteries/cr2032-c5/battery-lithium-cr2032-3v-pk5/dp/BT00878

£2.60 + VAT for pack of 5

fasthaggis

If monumentally expensive.

They are ,but we are lazy and like the everything under one roof shopping that RS offers( and they are quick)

Use Farnell from time to time for some niche electronic bits that RS don’t stock.

z1ppy

I did look Smett 🙂 , but never heard of gp-batteries, would you recommend them? (or just not worry at that price)

marcus7
    Free Member

I use RS a lot as they are generally reliable, and not always expensive, ive just ordered a steinel heat gun for £99, on fleabay they are upwards of £200!!. you just need to be aware that some things are a bit overpriced.

smudge
    Free Member

GP are an ok brand, more widely known in the industrial market than the consumer market

z1ppy

cheers, one’s needed to replace the battery in my Smudge rear light freebie!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

GP- Gold Peak. Good quality stuff.

My favorite* brand for batteries is Pairdeer – but mostly because of the logo and name.

*Not necessarily the best, but I am fickle and irrational.

fasthaggis

*Not necessarily the best, but I am fickle and irrational.

You are in good company here 😉

smett72

I did look Smett , but never heard of gp-batteries, would you recommend them? (or just not worry at that price)

We’ve used them at work for years and never had any problems. They’re probably not market leaders in terms of battery life, but for the money they’re good value.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Yep, their sales counter is just around the corner from me, so I always visit rather than order online.
    Always good service and never any issues returning goods even if it’s simply because you don’t like it once you got it home.

stumpy01

z1ppy – Member

eBay.

I just got two for £1.39 or something stupid. Delivered cost and they are Duracell with an expiry of 2021.
    They were from universalgadgets01

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘CPC.FARNELL’ is closed to new replies.