Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • CP DVD will not play on my laptop???
  • AndyPaice
    Free Member

I'm tryimgto watch Inglorious Bastards on DVD (legit copy from Sainsburys) and it will not work. Just spinning in the drive and flashing up a no disc.

Anyone know if copy protected DVDs will not work on PCs or is my DVD drive dying?

Help

mikewsmith
    Free Member

what you using to play it?

scaredypants

you sure it plays dvd and not just cd rom ?

AndyPaice
    Free Member

its a vista media centre laptop with a DVD RW drive, watched plenty of DVDs before, but dont think I've watched a CP disc before

foxyrider
    Free Member

is you region set to UK? Just a thought – maybe just an incompatabilityissue?

AndyPaice
    Free Member

it's previously played about 15 different UK shop bought DVDs before, never known how to/bothered to set a region.

I put the DVD in, a box pops up, click 'PLAY' and watch. Not happening with the discs I've just bought 🙂

cranberry
    Free Member

Have you tried cleaning the drive with something like this?

dmiller
    Free Member

Its worth checking the dvd in a proper dvd player, if you don't have one then ask a mate. Rules out a bad dvd. Also double check a previously working dvd still works in the laptop, lets you check that the laptop's not suddenly gone faulty. Also what software are you using? Try vlc player. You may need to google as i can't link from my phone. Sorry! Let us know how it goes!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘CP DVD will not play on my laptop???’ is closed to new replies.