Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Cows and their sensitivity to us
  • project
    Free Member

Cycling back home today across a farmyard, the cows where coming in for milking, quite a few stopped to stare, and have a sniff of me, i saw real sensitivity in their eyes, and almost a feeling of them being human at some time before being reincarnated as food and milk suppliers.

Last year i mentioned this to the farmer, he just looked at me,said something not politically correct and ran off, today he recognised me again and just said helllo, and ran away.

Anyone else see sensitivity in farm animals.They are a life form just like us, and obviously do have feelings and emotions.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Cahs are lazy, selfish and inconsiderate. Wanted to go through a gate, to progress along a ROW, but all the cahs had gathered by the gate, when they had an entire field to hand about in. And when I asked them to move, they just looked at me funny and some went ‘moo’. Din’t make any attempt to make way or allow my continued progress (as was my legal right). Bang out of order.

Yeah well I get the last laugh. Cos they don’t eat Elfin steaks, or Elfinburgers, do they?

Just walking meat really.

bloodynora
    Free Member

Bullocks

Drac

Udderly ridiculous.

emma82
    Free Member

I don’t think I’ve ever wondered whether a cow has been a human before but they are inquisitive and interested in everything. A person on a bike is something they don’t see very often so I expect it was either a bit scare of you or wondering what that pillock of human was doing on thing with two wheels. If I get reincarnated as a cow I will be proper pee’d off with whoever is responsible. I will produce sour milk 😈

project
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    Cahs are lazy, selfish and inconsiderate. Wanted to go through a gate, to progress along a ROW, but all the cahs had gathered by the gate, when they had an entire field to hand about in. And when I asked them to move, they just looked at me funny and some went ‘moo’. Din’t make any attempt to make way or allow my continued progress (as was my legal right). Bang out of order.

Posted 7 minutes ago # Report-Post

Bit like the strikers on the 30th,

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You rotter elf. How could you to such adorable sweet animals

emma82
    Free Member

How on earth do those cows see where they are going?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Last year i mentioned this to the farmer, he just looked at me,said something not politically correct and ran off, today he recognised me again and just said helllo, and ran away.

Last year when you told the farmer your theory concerning cows being reincarnated humans he ran away from you. Today after he saw you standing there staring into his cows “sensitivity” eyes he ran away again ?

Well to be perfectly frank, I don’t blame the geezer.

And what Elfie said, I don’t trust the feckers – I won’t even eat them.

EDIT : Re –

Posted 7 minutes ago # Report-Post

Bit like the strikers on the 30th,

Get help mate.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

How could you to such adorable sweet animals

Easy. Slaughterhouse, captive bolt gun- bosh! Meat.

Junkyard
    Free Member

funnily enough when I look into some peoples eyes i see a cow staring back.

amodicumofgnar

Never fails to amaze people dont actually realise animals are sentient beings, have characters, moods etc. Its not cows that are humans its humans that are animals.

keyses2

Sort of agree with project (not the re-incarnation bit though), there is something in cow’s eyes when they look at you(i’m a farmer). Pigs seem to be looking back at you and thinking when you look at them, they have very expressive, intelligent looking eyes.

gwj72
    Free Member

Cow’s are pretty dumb to be honest. Sheep on the other hand can recognise human faces, even if they haven’t see the person for several years. Then can also sense mood from facial expressions. That’s why I where a mask now.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If I look into Effin’s eyes, I see a whole lot of bull staring back.

emma82
    Free Member

See what oldagepredator says makes a lot more sense, he’s saying the same thing as project without sounding mental.

Edit: gw you are right about sheep recognising people but they are also dull as dishwater, I’ve got a 3 minute video of a sheep running around the yard with a feedbag on it’s head. I’ve never laughed so much in my life 🙂 they are stupid.

jhw
    Free Member

As someone who was recently ran at by one of these, I say cows can go **** themselves.

iDave
    Free Member

Anthropomorphism is a bit bed-wetty

grum
    Free Member

Cows by Grum Wynne, on Flickr

mikey74
    Free Member

Its not cows that are humans its humans that are animals

Perfectly put.

molgrips
    Free Member

Cows are a lot more stupid than you give them credit for. A lot.

That stuff you see in their eyes, it’s all in your imagination. Seriously.

MrsToast
    Free Member

funnily enough when I look into some peoples eyes i see a cow staring back.

😆

amodicumofgnar

emma82 – thats because I grew up on a farm. I think there are two ways of dealing with rearing livestock – either ignore it and carry on or go through the philisophical mess and carry on or choose to get out.

scaredypants

Thoughts of a new forest road & mtb rider:

Cows – thick, slow, indolent. In fact, the word bovine could’ve been invented for them. I can see why they might remind you of some people

Horses on the other hand – neurotic, skittish and stoopid. Also prone to wandering onto the road or track when they see you approaching by car or bike. I blame the **** tourists who feed the buggers

Donkeys – there’s a reputation for stupidity that’s ill-deserved. Those things know exactly what’s going on and they don’t give a shit

Sheep (don’t get ’em in the forest where I ride but can speak for the lakeland ones) – **** ’em (well I’m quarter welsh). The only advantage they have over a horse is they’re smaller. Just as mad.

Deer – I honestly think they don’t don’t know where or what they are half the time. Sure, when they see you they move away but sometimes you can ride right by and they’re just there, staring into space (maybe it’s the mushrooms they eat). They’re bloody lucky there’s no proper predators in this country

Pigs – maybe clever but dirty and deffo slightly evil

Duggan

My Dad insists that he has seen a documentary about cows where they siad that they have a definite social ‘hierachy’ in the herd with a leader and everything.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

they have a definite social ‘hierachy’ in the herd with a leader and everything.

For ****’s sake no one give them any guns.

iain1775
    Free Member

Agree with scaredy other than pigs arnt dirty, one of cleanest animals there is, used to have a pig she would get really upset every morning if her sty wasn’t mucked out, she always had a routine of going toilet in same place (she left me though for another man, but I’m over it now)
    I too think cows have expressive eyes, but thats all, thwy are just cows, they have lovely rumps too though, I prefer mine medium rare ideally as part of a mixed grill with a bit of nice clean piggy

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

The documentary was “The Secret Life Of Cows” – BBC.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

What was that you said Ernie?
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQMbXvn2RNI[/video]

petrieboy

Two cows
    On a hot day I met two cows
    I’ve not met a cow – so I put my hands upon their heads
    They pulled away to take my hands into their mouths
    With cool tongues…lick
    On a hot day I met two cows
    My hands licked clean of sweat, they let them hang to lick my arms
    Between some weight, I was not sure
    In breaks a truth, sweet with grass
    I was made fresh by tongues so rough
    They could have the beard from a man
    They lapped me until my udders shone
    Dropped their heads to lick my legs

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Its not cows that are humans its humans that are animals.

Erm, but humans ARE animals! Well, OK, granted, if one goes by their posting history some do seem like vegetables, but all humans are in fact animals, we’re one of the Great Apes.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

….all humans are in fact animals, we’re one of the Great Apes.

😯 WTF ??? No one told me ………when did they discover that then ?

HermanShake
    Free Member

I think humans are a pretty poor yardstick to use for detecting sensitivity in things. Bees for example are incredibly sophisticated, I wish I felt the same way about humans in Brighton on a Friday night (West St particularly; shirts, loafers, kebabs etc).

I disagree with the reincarnation thing though, that’s incredibly human centred as a perspective. We’re a dangerously well evolved ape, not the purpose of existence.

thegreatape
    Free Member

we’re one of the Great Apes

Speak for yourself

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Bees for example are incredibly sophisticated

Well they say that the eyes are the windows to the soul. And whenever I look into a bee’s eyes I see a sophisticated and incredibly sensitive little soul.

I loved eric carnally

Rosss
    Free Member

I’ve seen a perfectly sane friend fall on the floor with laughter due to a cow leaving both excrements in the same area of yard on top of each other so in my eyes humans can be as stupid as cows.

GrahamS

You rotter elf. How could you to such adorable sweet animals

It should be remembered that Elfin lives in “That London” so he’s only ever seen faded pictures of cows and he thinks milk comes from plants. 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Lies and slander. 😐

Look pon, for you are wrong:

globalti
    Free Member

A black cow gave me a hell of a fright once on a night ride. After that I had nightmares about coming down a hill, hitting a cow end on and getting my helmeted head stuck up its rectum then dying of asphyxiation.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Those aren’t cows Elfie, they’re tiny …….. cows are huge animals – much bigger than yourself in fact. Believe me, they’re big scary feckers, not like those things which only come up to your waist.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Cows and their sensitivity to us’ is closed to new replies.