Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • coving trackworld (diy / decorating content)
  • thekingisdead
    Free Member

My house (build ~1900) had all the character stripped out of it by the previous owners.

Slowly Im making an effort to return some original features.

I’m planning to fit the coving / cornicing as I decorate each room.

Before this lunchtime I was only aware of traditional plaster coving and polystyrene coving (which I wont be using).

However a trip onto some website shows “Axxent”, “Luxxus” and “Basixx” as coving types.

Anyone had any experience with these? Im assumign they are a modern equivalent that are easier to fit than Plaster?

As im trying to restore ‘orginal’ features, I want the coving to look 1/2 reasonable 🙂

Thanks.

Pieface

I’m having to repair some myself and can’t help you. I’ll just be using the standard stuff from Wickes.

Have a look on Youtube, the video by ‘Tommy’s trade secrets’ is useful.

stevehine

Given the difficulty / cost of doing this kind of thing yourself; I’d be seriously tempted to get someone in to do it; with proper full size plaster coving. I’ve used plaster coving (from the chain stores) in the past; and some of the resin stuff (I forget the name; but it was hard foam with a skin over the top) – nothing beats some well installed big plaster.

We used this guy linky – he’s based in sheffield; but he did a fantastic job; team of two turned up and coved our entire living room in about 3 hours. Based in sheffield; I’m sure there are similar people around depending on where in the country you are.

If you want a genuine period look; it’s the only route I’d take…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘coving trackworld (diy / decorating content)’ is closed to new replies.