Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Covert/CCDB Air
  • endurokid
    Free Member

Does anybody run a 2013 Covert (or any Covert) with a CCDB air shock, if so what difference has this made over the standard CTD shock?

Are they really that good?

Are there any base tunes?

Any opinions, good or bad would be appreciated.

Cheers

Endurokid

jairaj

Post a picture of your Covert we might be able to advise you better … 😈

endurokid
    Free Member

Been there. Done that. Next.

godzilla
    Free Member

Ive got none on mine but i never rode it with the Fox so not much help sadly, great shock.

jairaj

Ok a better answer would be the CCDB potentially gives you better damping performance as it has high and low speed compression and rebound adjusters giving you more control over how the shock behaves allowing you to tune it to your tastes.

The flip side of the coin with all the extra adjustment options is that if you don’t know what you’re doing you can quite easily mess up the damping too.

Cane Creek do have some base line settings for different frames on their website, they have quite an extensive list pretty sure the Covert was on there.

I don’t know the internals of your shock very well but depending on the internals you maybe able to tweek the damping circuit to get a similar feel. Is there a particular area you feel your shock is lacking? Try speaking to Loco or another tuner to see if you have cheaper options?

endurokid
    Free Member

Cheers,

There’s no real issue with my Fox, although it can blow through its travel quite easily.

I think the best option may be a custom tune on my Fox by TF/Loco and go from there.

jairaj

Try adding some of the volume reducing spacers. It will cause the the spring rate to increase in the mid to later travel and stop you blowing through the travel so much. Not performed the procedure my self but many people report its straight forward to do.

prezet
    Free Member

As @jairaj says, try the volume spacers first. Your shock should be fitted with the smallest in the set by default (mine was). I changed it to the next one up in size. Can now run much less pressure and it doesn’t blow through the travel quite so quickly.

Not sure if I’ll try the next one up yet – but they do make a noticeable difference.

jairaj

My best tip for suspension set up is too always try the next setting because you never if your current setting is as good as its going to get until you try the next setting to confirm. Always go that one step too far and then go back.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Covert/CCDB Air’ is closed to new replies.