Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • cove stiffee on the FS forum
  • thehustler
    Free Member

here

Can someone clarify is this a really old style frame or a rip off as I dont remember cove ever doing top and down tubes that shape?

titusrider
    Free Member

No expert but i can see why ur concerned, doesnt sit quite right with me either

Gunz
    Free Member

Sorry, incorrect post. My brain said Handjob when it should have been a Stiffee (and other sentences I never thought I’d write).

thehustler
    Free Member

down and top tubes on a stiffee normally go from square to round (and always have as far as i am aware) should mods know to pull/block the advert?

joao3v16
    Free Member

I’d tend to agree with your suspicions, I’ve never seen a stiffee frame with those tube profiles … unless it really is an old old incarnation

snakebite
    Free Member

old skool hand job int it?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Really early frame Stiffee IIRC.

Probably 10 years old!

solman
    Free Member

that is a real stiffee. old style frame pre 2003. I used to have one.

dropoff

As solman says its a pre 2002 and very nice too, late 2002 onwards had a headtube gusset plate added and then 2005/6 the crappy rad tube was used.

titusrider
    Free Member

you learn something new every day, it was the dropouts that worried me, very supermarket

tomaso
    Free Member

dirt ad for 99 stiffeeI was suspicious at first but looking around there is one that looks similar to that prior to the chunky squarish gussetted frame.
    And another

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

It’s definitely a real stiffee, I have one sitting in the loft & the details all fit right down to the shape & colour of the mech hanger, it’s was quite some bike in it’s time, google the STW review 😉

crazy-legs

A mate had one as well, it’s a genuine Stiffee from about 2000 2001.

2002 – 2003 they had the round tubing with a big old gusset between at the head/down tube.

I’ve got the RAD tubed version, I think mine was the first year they did proper RAD tubing (2004 IIRC?)

tomaso
    Free Member

Never seen one with a rack before though!

julianwilson
    Free Member

Surely the only Cove ever made with rackmounts on the dropouts. Although my wife’s hooker has larger unthreaded holes in the mahoosive dropout plates, and helpfully placed m6 bolts for the rear triangle bracing thing that I bet I could bodge one on to!

There is a dude that often does XC round our way with a rack on. Respeck! 😀

SimonR

Looks like a pre-Rad tubed Stiffee – the transfer plate under the down tube and the shape of the replaceable hanger are quite distinctive. I reckon it’s genuine although the rack is a bit of an unusual touch!

I haven’t seen one for years – mainly because the head tubes seem to come off after a bit of abuse 😮

Loved mine to bits and was very sad to see it go (although the Subzero that replaced it was awesome)

Cue gratuitous bike-love photo ….

Cove by Simon_R, on Flickr

SimonR

…. the top rack mount looks likes it’s one of those m-part adapters that are seat-clamp and rack-mount in one bit.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘cove stiffee on the FS forum’ is closed to new replies.