Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cove stiffee frame
  • covestiff2016
    Free Member

Hi All

Been offered a stiffee fr frame which is a 15.5 (small) from a mate. Mines is a medium 17.5 frame now I’ve always thought my frame Is abit big for me in reach etc. I’ve looked for size guides but can’t see much. I’m 5ft 6 roughly with a 29inch leg I’m wondering is it worth getting the frame and building mine across onto it or is the frame that I currently have not to bad really

Thanks
    Tom

riklegge

Is it free, or will it cost? If free, why not give it a try and see?

covestiff2016
    Free Member

No unfortunately it’s not free he’s wanting a medium 17.5 frame ya see but abit of cash and some beers other wise I’d give it ago and see.

alric
    Free Member

do it
    Im a bit bigger than you but a 17.5 frame is too big for me in most brands

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I’ve had a couple of stiffee’s over the years. At 5’10 with a 32 leg the Medium was a good size for me, so at 5’6 it sounds like you would be better on a small.

tomhoward

I’ve had a couple of stiffee’s over the years.

*coughs*

tthew

Can’t you just borrow his bike for a week or so, go on a decent ride or two and make up your mind? Seems like an obvious answer.

ericf
    Free Member

How much is he offering the frame for? I used to love cove bikes and still own a few but they are gathering dust in my garage as they are more like museum pieces now. The last time I took out the stiffee it felt awful compared to the more modern bikes I own now. I could be wrong and they changed the geometry at some point. I would be spending my money on something recent to be honest. In terms of sizing I’m about 5ft 8 with 30 inch inside leg and a medium was perfect for me back in the day. I have a nukeproof scout now and there’s just no comparison between it and the old cove. I’m amazed I survived riding the cove 🙂

covestiff2016
    Free Member

Well to be honest Ericf I’m considering something abit newer now. I’ve had my current stiffee for 8 years at least and always found it uncomfortable I think it’s time for something abit newer really they are quite old now as far as bikes go.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.