Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cove Stiffee and SC Chameleon Sizing
  • aroche
    Free Member

Hi there,

I'm thinking of buying either a cove stiffee or santa cruz chameleon frame.
    Just wondering if there's anyone on here with experience of both can help me out. I've had the opportunity to try a chameleon (Size Medium, 16inch) for sizing and it feels perfect (I'm 5'7" with 30inch inseam).
    I'm also interested in the Stiffee but haven't had the opportunity (and probably won't) to try one out.

From what I can tell I'm in between sizing for a Stiffee, some sources say Medium (17.5") and others Small(esp for jumps and chucking around).

Just wondering if anyone knows how a Medium Stiffee comes up in size as compared to a Medium Chameleon? It looks to me that the seat tube protrudes a bit higher so the 17.5" Stiffee is probably very close to the 16" Chameleon.

If there's anyone with experience of the 2, it would be great to hear.

Thanks

mk1fan
    Free Member

I've had both medium and small Stiffees.

I'm 5'8" with a 31-inch inside leg. For XC duties you'll be better on a medium – but a Stiffee isn't really an XC bike.

I now run a small and it's great. Loads of room to move about and if I want to be more XC I can stick on a 70mm stem to stretch things out a bit.

I have a medium G-Spot with zero standover but on the move the extra (albeit small) wheelbase length makes it very stable.

drumcove
    Free Member

I run a medium Stiffee with a set of talas rlc's and I'm 5'7". I mostly use it for xc and its great, but I've tried a small and it did feel pretty dam good for chucking about! If your wanting a bike for a jump park or fr, then I would think a small would be better suited to you. And as mk1fan says, keep a longer post and stem handy for any xc stuff!Don't really have any experience with the chameleon I'm afraid so don't really know if this helps you any!!

aroche
    Free Member

Hmmm, thanks guys, this is more or less consistent with what I'm hearing on the Stiffee, – sounds like a cracking bike but I seem to be a bit between sizes on it.
    It's mostly xc with a bit of jumps I'm after, sounds like a Medium would suit best.
    The chameleon's looking like the safest option, if only because I've had the chance to give it a try and it seems to fit like a glove, – worth a lot in itself I think.
    Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cove Stiffee and SC Chameleon Sizing’ is closed to new replies.