Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • cove hustler
  • scottisimo
    Free Member

I have been looking at buying a hustler as a bit of a do all bike.The thing is the older 05 frames look the same as the ones for sale as 2010. does anyone know if they have changed at all or could i save myself some money by buying an older one.cheers,

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Has it got banana shaped rocker?

bruneep

My older frame.
    Main changes are the cable routing and rocker I thnk

scottisimo
    Free Member

no idea just looking on the internet at the moment, looking at reviews and stuff. is is that shape on the newer models?

bruneep

yup

scottisimo
    Free Member

cheers i`m guessing the last post is the modern one.I just realy fancy one read good reviews and not as common as other bikes.

scottisimo
    Free Member

sorry didnt see the text under your pics. your bike looks very nice how have you found it?

daveob
    Free Member

I have a broken one you can have after Cove and Silverfish refused to cover it under warrenty, despite having replaced the one I broke earlier.

Great bike, rubbish service. Go second hand, you don't get a warrenty there either, but you'll save a bunch to buy the new one.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

daveob – Member

I have a broken one you can have after Cove and Silverfish refused to cover it under warrenty, despite having replaced the one I broke earlier.

Same here…

Hence the Heckler purchase…

bruneep

I love mine never had any problems with it at all. A really good all round bike.

What happened to yours daveob?

Big-Pete
    Free Member

I broke a 05 same as top pic, top tube seat tube joint. The warranty replacement is still going strong but it was the mk 2.
    The mk 1 used a non standard shock length, this was changed to a standard on mk 2 along with increase in travel.

mk1fan
    Free Member

These are the puppies http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=15502

If it's got a 30mm diameter seat tube and a single bolt rear mech hanger then it's a good one. The revision to the the 2010 model is the new rocker covers but they're just a lighter version. There's no geometry change.

Oh and it's a great do it all bike. 140mm forks and short stem is – imho – the sweet spot.

Bullet

I've got an 05 and love it to bits. Never had any trouble with it and it is capable of way more than I can dish out to it. Just a good solid,do-it-all bike.

daveob
    Free Member

Bruneep, both of mine broke in the same place as Big Pete's. Don't know how, but it is a known fault with them and heavier riders. A gussett would have prevented it from happening.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘cove hustler’ is closed to new replies.