Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Cove Hummers cheap online, so which wheel size should I build
  • Northerner

Hey All

So my finger may have slipped and made my purchase a Cove Hummer frame from Winstanleys, at £795 how could I cay no!!

So I was planning of building it as 650b but now think maybe I should go 29er as I believe you can run either.

Anyone here any reviews of either set up before I built it one way or the other??

Cheers

pinetree
    Free Member

It can be run as a 29er, but I probably wouldn’t. If you do, just make sure you keep the fork at 120 or less, otherwise the BB will be way too high.

A buddy of mine built one with either a 140 or 150mm 29er fork (can’t remember which) and pretty much ruined it. He then put a 140mm 650 fork on it and has been riding it ever since, and loves it.

I’ve got one too, although it’s currently stripped down and sitting in the attic. I had it built with DVO Diamonds (reduced to 140mm) with a fairly burly build kit, and it was brilliant!
    Thinking about rebuilding it with a rigid 29er fork and either putting a 29″ up front, or 650b+
    Should be pretty interesting either way…

Denis99
    Free Member

Winstanley also have the Hustler 650b frame for sale on offer.

I just bought one, bargain at less than half price.

Cove must be discontinuing the Hustler , or bringing out a new version.

Tempted by the Hummer, but can’t ride a hardtail these days, as much as I would like a ti frame.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Cove Hummers cheap online, so which wheel size should I build’ is closed to new replies.