Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cove Hummer worth anything ?
  • oldfart

Think I already know the answer 🙁 26 inch wheels , 2005 frame ,Hope wheels and brakes , Chris King headset , Thomson seatpost and stem , Marz 2010 forks and XT drivetrain . All the right names but in the “wrong” wheel size 🙁 Guess I’m not the only one in this situation , even been using it as a commuter for last 2 years ! 🙁 Guess it’s either nearly give it away or ride it on high days and holidays 🙂 Still great fun to ride and would strangely be emotional to see it go ???? 🙁

thegreatape
    Free Member

Hard to say really. I think 650b Hummers sell almost instantly when they are posted in the For Sale forum.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Will 650b wheels fit? Ignoring the fact that a lot of folks say it shouldn’t be done, I know people have successfully future-proofed Handjob frames by removing the chainstay bridge and my old Stiffee was an absolute juggernaut with 650b wheels . . .

I’d love one to add to my Cove collection but sadly they don’t make a 15″er 🙁

Andy-R

Some people (me, for one) aren’t totally fashion driven when it comes to wheel sizes – I’m in the process of building another 26″ wheel bike on the basis that they’ve worked for me in the past so they’re not going to stop working just because “better” wheel sizes have been introduced.
    I’m sure there are plenty of people who would be interested in it if you’re thinking of selling – otherwise, just ride the ass off it…

slackalice
    Free Member

I sold my 08 Hummer adorned with X0 bling, Thomson and Fox forks back in the summer relatively easily/quickly for not much less than I posted it up for.

Ask for sensible money and someone will have it. Great bikes 8)

andygreener

What size is the frame out of interest? I’m certainly a more old school person. Right now 26er is still my go to.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I have tied a modern 29er Ti frame & I would rather have a 26″ wheeled bike for proper off road stuff, I’m sure there is a reason they were as popular for as long as they were 😉

oldfart

andygreener it’s an 18″ . 2unfit2ride I’m lucky enough to have a Kona Raijin as well and if I’m honest I could sell that with less anguish than the Hummer but don’t ask me why ? Probably what I’ve been through with it ? Off to Haldon Sunday who knows I might take it instead of the 29er ! 🙁

mccett
    Free Member

I’d be tempted, if only because its one of the few Coves I haven’t owned. I think a Cove fan would snap it up…. the 5 Coves I currently own would vouch for that.
    Not ridden 650b so don’t know the difference and wouldn’t bother me. Ive certainly bagged some bargain 26″ frames in the last 18 months.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

I think they are timeless bikes great.Had an 05 one sold it to big.Prefer the red logo to the black.My 09 one is great.Keep it sell the Kona 😀

Xylene
    Free Member

Have 26″ wheels stopped rotating? Is this like the millennium bug of wheels?

ds3000
    Free Member

Weren’t 26″ wheels fine for everyone in the world until other sizes came along? I’d keep it if I were you.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cove Hummer worth anything ?’ is closed to new replies.