• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by br.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cove Hummer sizing/questions
  • eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Anyone own a Hummer that can shed any light on this….
    After a quick google search it would appear there are 17 & 18 inch frames available. Is this right? Are they from different years?
    Also, is it Litespeed or Lynskey who now make these frames?
    Ideally i'm looking for a 2nd hand 18" if they exist, i'm 5' 11" and think a 17" would be just too small, but what size frames are you guys riding/comfortable on? Any input from owners would be much appreciated, many thanks.

pebble
    Free Member

17,18 and 19"s were available in the previous and new versions.

Lynskey now design and construct the 2010 frames.

See review previously in What Mountain Bike on Bike Radar

I would have thought an 18" would be the right size

BeardedDave
    Free Member

I have something like an 06 or an 07 Hummer, not sure exactly what year, as it was bought second hand. Mine is an 18" and fits me perfectly at 5'10". When I got it, I did wonder whether I might be better off with a 17" but I really have no complaints at all over the size.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    oldfart

Well mines an 05 Litespeed version , im 6ft bike's an 18 and is spot on for me .

Ashley
    Free Member

I have an 2006 18" Hummer and I am 5ft 11" tall, guess what it fit's me perfectly. It is made by Litespeed and the first year that they were properly adjusted for the longer travel forks.

How much are you wanting to spend on a 2nd hand frame – I may be prepared to let mine go for the right price.

peajay

Hi there, I'm 5,11 and ride a 07 19inch, it can seem a bit tall when getting on but once there the reach is spot on, thought about an 18 but went 19 to ensure I wasn't cramped, but there realy can't be that much in it that a different stem wouldn't fix? I think the tall feel is probably down to the bottom bracket hight so 18 or 19 would be the same?
    PJ.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Ashley,
    Hadn't really started looking at any second hand ones just yet. Although the 18" seems to be the right size.
    What kind of condition is it in? How much you looking for it?

GaVgAs
    Free Member

I have a 17ins frame and I am 5"8,I think the bigger 18 ins frame feels better on the Climbs, but overall (for me) the 17is a good compramise. 😕

br
    Free Member

you could probably buy a new On One 456 Ti (if the sale is still on) for the price of a s/h Hummer?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cove Hummer sizing/questions’ is closed to new replies.