Cove g spot

Home Forum Bike Forum Cove g spot

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cove g spot
  • Premier Icon akira
    Subscriber

Think it may have odd seatpost size 30.0mm.

billybanzai

Cove g spot at chain reaction think its 2011 version what’s the difference between that and the 2013 version?????

AndyPaice

I got one of those 2010 frames. as above the seatpost size is 30.0, changed to 30.9 for the 2013 model. Not many seatposts around in that size. Thruvative do one but it’s only 350mm long i think. can always use a 27.2 with a shim.

nice bikes but build up heavy. size up quite small and are very chuckable/flickable. Rear sus not the most plush but does pedal well. quite limited tyre clearance on the rear (diameter not width).

good play bike for the money but wouldn’texpect to do big miles on one

qwerty

but wouldn’texpect to do big miles on one

I know nothing of these frames except an old riding buddy rode the Grand Raid Crystalp on one!

highlandman

Big miles?
    Mine has recently done Aviemore to Blair Atholl over Big Mac, Etchachan, Derry and down the Tilt in a day. Does that count?
    These do build up heavy but climb surprisingly well, especially going up and over big rocky stuff like boulder step ups. Great fun and like Andy’s suggestion above, mine has a 27.2 Thomson post shimmed into the frame. Plenty of room around a 2.5 High Roller at the back.

Premier Icon doug_basqueMTB.com
    Subscriber

Not for big miles… Oops! I’ve done lots and lots and lots of miles on mine this season 🙂 I love that bike.
    As said 2013 was 30.9 not 30.0 as it was before. Mines lasted up to two seasons guiding, the frame is the only original bit as everything else broke.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Have Cove not OK’d boring out the seattube to 30.9? Don’t take my word for it but I’m sure I’ve read that on Teh Internetz.

baldman

Northwind – not sure if it’s been approved by Cove (I.e. If you had a frame break after reaming would it impact on warrantee?) but I have had my Cove reamed up to 30.9 by 18bikes and it’s been fine for over 12months. My frame was a few years old though so out of warrantee anyway.

There is info on their website about doing this for Cove bikes and a few other brands too.

billybanzai

Cheers peeps

astrozombies

I have an email from Steve @ Cove bikes saying that it is fine to ream it out to 30.9 (I had my local bike shop do mine). He said that is what they are doing to the new frames anyway.

billybanzai

Does anywhere do this in Lancashire to the seatpost????

Premier Icon drew
    Subscriber

You could try here, http://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk/ not lancashire i know, but not far off.

AndyPaice

Must just be my legs then. 30 miles on mine and I’m knackered! I’ve got a 2:4 advantage on the rear and its almost shaving the seatstay bridge. Interesting about teaming the seattube out. Tempted to do mine but running a lot of seatpin!

char34

why ream it out , if you want a dropper shim to 27.2 plenty droppers at that size
    you after a g spot now billy think youve gone through the whole mtb frame selection upto now worse than your mate chorlton when he was buying his fileing cabenet

astrozombies

No reverb in a 27.2…

tricky dicky

You could try Ride On in Rawtenstall, good guys and very helpful.
    R

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cove g spot’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks are open.

Skip to top