Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Court interest charges
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Just taking someone to court for £1648.39 owed to me since June 2007.

I took him to court once where he agreed to pay, but then did a runner. I've just traced him and want to hit him with everything.

However I can't work out how much I can add. Any real idea.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

What was on the original T&Cs for the contract?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It is 'normal' to add about 2% over BoE base rate

oldgit
    Free Member

Nothing other than 30 days.

oldgit
    Free Member

What is that in laymans terms?

What I'm hoping is that now I've found him at his mothers address, when he sees the interest it might force him to offer at least the due ammount.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Late Payment of Commercial Debts Act?

toys19
    Free Member

Statutory interest is 8% look it all up on money claim online.

Daft question – you took him to court once and got liability? You don't need to go to court again do you, cant you just use a baliff to enforce this?

oldgit
    Free Member

toys19 not that straightforward.
    I took him to court and he didn't defend the claim. He did however write to myself and the courts saying he would pay in full before it was heard.
    This was accepted, the court procedure stopped but then he basically gave us the finger and dissapeared.

toys19
    Free Member

Ahh bastardo. Yep sue the fecher. I've doen a bit of small claimery, its interesting, I've often won when not expected to and lost when I thought it was a sure thing..

My advise is be respectful of the defendant in all your documents – treat them like its an oversight. Otherwise the judge will think yer a kahnt. The other issue to be aware of is that the claim will be automatically transferred tot eh defendants court, so if he has moved away you will have to travel, if you win you will get statutory travel about 50 quid..

oldgit
    Free Member

Another thing. I have his mobile number but when I call it a total stranger answers who claims to have nothing to do with the company I'm taking to court. Surely a number doesn't get moved onto another person?

toys19
    Free Member

Is this an individual claim or a company claim? If its a company then you might not get moved to their local court, I think the rules are different. Also if its a claim againt a Ltd company are you sure the Co hasn't gone bankrupt? You cannot claim against an individual if it's a company debt.

konabunny
    Free Member

Surely a number doesn't get moved onto another person?

Yeah, they do. If you cancel your contract, eventually your old number will be given to a new subscriber who needs one.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Court interest charges’ is closed to new replies.