• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by v10.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Court Expenses
  • v10
    Free Member

Just had a letter from a Solicitors regarding me attending court as i have provided there client with a statement on a professional level.

They are requesting that i am able to attend court on any day during a given week and that reasonable expenses in relation to travel and loss of earnings will be dealt with by the court.

Im going of that there is no doubt but don't understand the work/expenses stuff, do i just take a weeks unpaid leave then give them proof of my salary details?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You will get a form to fill in. You should not have to take annual leave – your employer should give you the time but may not pay you.
    You should be able to get a more specific date.

The court will compensate you for any expenses occured and loss of earnings up to £63 per day.

I'd write back and ask for a more specific date.

Edit – expert witnesses are treated differently.

v10
    Free Member

Cheers TJ

As it stands at the moment they are saying the case has been entered into a 'warned list' for this particular week so i assume this means they dont have a specific date yet but its going to be at some point in this week and are confirming im available for whenever in that week it may be.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Court Expenses’ is closed to new replies.