Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Coursework help – Decision Tree analysis
  • silverpigeon
    Free Member

Any experts on here. I've just finished a piece of coursework on the above for a potential ore extraction project. Nothing too heavy but would appreciate it if someone could give it a quick once over and tell me what they think before I submit it.

Cheeky I know, but this is the first time I've ever studied the subject so just looking for a bit of reassurance I suppose.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

environmental science?

silverpigeon
    Free Member

No quantitative methods and probability studies. The decision tree analysis is a practical application of how statistics and probabilities can be used in the decision making progress.

God I am such a geek!

RealMan
    Free Member

I can do tree diagrams? As in probabilities etc. Explain it a bit more I might understand.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

erm i had to re take nath gcse so dont take my advice

however i got a distinction for my reserach methods coursework

silverpigeon
    Free Member

I can do tree diagrams? As in probabilities etc. Explain it a bit more I might understand.

That's pretty much it Realman. A series of decisions based on the outcome of uncontrollable events taking into account payoff values and costs. The maths part is fairly straightforward, it's the actual construction of the the decision tree I had a bit of trouble with.

The question (and my answer) is too long to post on here but if you do have some real word or academic experience your opinion would be gratefully received.

chvck
    Free Member

My email is in my profile if you want to send it to me. I'm assuming that it's the same decision tree as in A.I.? I have a fair bit of experience with those but can't promise anything as I don't really like them!

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Thanks chvck. I'll send over the question and my answer tomorrow

warton
    Free Member

i had to re take nath gcse

i got a distinction for my reserach methods

what do they teach kids these days, eh? Its all changed since I was at school

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Coursework help – Decision Tree analysis’ is closed to new replies.