Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Courmyeur or Avoraiz for a long weekend (Lads Lads Lads)
  • j3ffo
    Free Member

Howdy

Any thoughts on the above 2 options. Arriving GVA 1130 on the thurs. Both are similar transfer times and costs for cheap/cheerful accomodation.

Have skied at both before but never stayed.

Guess I’m really looking for thoughts on which will be most entertaining apres for a handful of lads over the weekend.

Ta

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

flippin eck, chalk and cheese. phuckall happening up Avoriaz, but Courmyeur is a proper big town. depends what you want and what the lads are like but but I went chamonix last year with the lads and skiied about half a day out of four. the rest of the time we were either pissed or too rough. so by that rationale, id pick Avoriaz and save the piss up for somewhere else where its not £7 a pint.

Rockape63
    Free Member

did a three night lads trip to Cormeyeur two years ago and it was a bit limited skiing wise and fine for a night out, but it certainly wasn’t particularly big or full on. Tended to find a restaurant and ate/drank there…there is a sports bar and a few others, but its not exactly party town! Nice place though for two days skiing, if staying for three perhaps make the effort to drive up to La Thuile for the day….very different and great fun for fast skiing!

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I have only skiied for a day in Courmayeur and didn’t rate it. I’m not a fan of Chamonix either.

If you want nightlife, then it is Morzine you want rather than Avoriaz.

masmas
    Free Member

As torsoinalake says – id go for Morzine and a happy hour mutzig anyday.

j3ffo
    Free Member

Great. Thanks for the input chaps. Sounds like staying in Avoriaz is out, going to check out some options for Morzine I think.

Raymond

I’ve done a long weekends lads trip for the last five years to Morzine. Loads of skiing with the links to Portes du Soleil and plenty of night life. There are a lot of Chalets in Morzine who will pick up up from the airport (approx Eur30 each way)which means no faffing with buses and you will be able to ski the first afternoon. Easiest way to find Chalets is to post what you want on the Chalets Direct forum.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

chalets are good becasue they give you an excuse to go back and not stay out at the Tibetian all night!

skiing the first afternoon has never happened tho, not when youre in the airport bar at 6am!

Raymond

I’d rather ski first, drink later. Got through 5 pints on the way back through Geneva airport last week!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Courmyeur or Avoraiz for a long weekend (Lads Lads Lads)’ is closed to new replies.