Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Couriers, signed for parcel but not delivered…
  • lovewookie

blinking myhermes..

sold my phone to a phone recycling service, get an additional few quid if I use my own courier and as there’s a hermes dropoff point round the corner use them, as I have done several times before without problems.

parcel goes, insured for £100.

tracking OK, and after a couple of days it’s shown as delivered.

another day or so passes and I get in touch with recycle company to see if there are any problems. They’ve not recieved anything.

Copy them a screen grab of the tracking details. They state nothing was delivered at that time.

Take it up with Hermes, who state date and time it was dropped off and after a little more web chat email me proof of signature, a digital spider scrawl.

get that to recycler, who state nothing was delivered at that time.

get back to Hermes asking what now, to eventually be told they’d spoken to the driver who dropped the parcel into reception to ‘a lady’

fun eh?

so, ended up stating that they’d not completed our contract, which was to deliver x to y satisfactorily.

another hermes operative forwarded me the details of delivery, date and time and the signature, although the signature this time was totally different from the first.

currently have a claim in, but suspect the firts thing they’ll say is it’s in their excluded items, being electronic device, though that does state it’s for damaged items, so who knows.

I feel I need to be pre-armed and wonder if anyone has had similar experience and knows their way around, what I imagine to be failure to fulfil the contract between me and them.

?

thanks in advance.

Northwind

I think you may be screwed on the electronic items clause tbh. But my experience is hermes claims are generally quick and painless (I post 50-100 items with them a month, the fail rate is low and every one has been easy to reclaim- except for the one when I posted some electronic stuff and they quite reasonably said, not covered)

M6TTF
    Free Member

tidy little scam they have going?

lovewookie

actually, found this:

If your parcel has been damaged, please also ensure that the contents do not appear on the list of items excluded from compensation cover before contacting us. If your item appears on this list, we may still cover for loss and theft where appropriate

good to hear they’re normally quick and painless. I’ve used hermes loads, from their parcel2go days and recently, it’d be a shame to have that marred by a rubbish experience.

plyphon
    Free Member

So, quite curious – if you can provide all the details that say the parcel was delivered, why isnt the recycling company at fault?

Or is it just the fact that it’s easier to claim back from Hermes.

lovewookie

I’m not sure I follow why the recycle company would be at fault, unless the receptionist has stolen the package that was delivered, but not recorded.

I see it as this, either:

the receptionist stole/lost the package and didn’t log it in,

the driver stole/lost the package and marked it as delivered.

the delivery was made to the wrong address, and signed for by someone not looking at the address.

I’m going for the last one, and yes it is both the driver and the person who signed for it at fault, but as I don’t know where it was delivered, I can only point the finger at Hermes, as they should have delivered to the right address.

lovewookie

Or are you suggesting that I should pursue the recycling company and they should claim agianst hermes if they believe the information provided to be untrue.

dantsw13

Maybe ask the recycling company to view their CCTV at the time/date Hermes say they delivered?

lovewookie

well, so far I’ve had the recycle company state there was no delivery a couple of times at that specified time and date, and I’ve had hermes supply me with two different signatures as supposed proof of delivery.

I’ll ask the recycle company in any case to see what they say.

BillOddie

I have had this with myHermes. Was keeping an eye on the tracking of a parcel i was expecting and was working from home.

Much to my surprise it was signed for and delivered but not to me.

Phoned up hermes, and funnily enough the bloke turned up with it about 30 mins later.

So either it was delivered to the wrong address and he went back and got it or he signed and scanned it “by mistake”.

Either way shit/odd.

kcal

signed for doesn’t really cut it in these cases.
    Presumably they don’t really care enough.

Either full iris scan or at the least a photo. Plus GPS tag of signed location.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Very frustrating. Had a delivery once “signed for” which was delivered to totally the wrong address miles away. Fortunately the person took the time to drive it over to my house. IMO the driver just forged a scrawl and left it in the wrong place.

jimdubleyou

Had the same deal with an ebay purchase of a computer – got delivered to 28 instead of 128.

Fortunately, the people at 28 returned it to me once the sender had gone round the houses with Parcelforce to see where it ended up & told me so I could pop round.

Also had UBS just park outside the house and drive off once. The shit head of a driver had the temerity to put “Attempted delivery – no answer”.

It was a new bike, so I was mightily pissed off. Ended up going to the depot as they refused to redeliver it the same day.

spooky_b329

My first experience of MyHermes was rubbish, I sent a parcel that I had gone to some effort to ensure it was under the maximum length x girth measurement.

They then messaged me to say it was held at a central hub and sent me an invoice as was non-standard, didn’t state if it was a weight or size issue. I tried to call them and had to complain on the website. This was followed up the next day by another invoice saying it was over-sized and would be destroyed if not paid.

As far as I can remember they don’t have phone lines, I had to complain via e-chat again on the website. No response, it then magically got delivered without even leaving the central hub, another moan, they never responded to my requests for an explanation.

I concluded that it was close enough to the limit that they could just scam an oversize charge out of me as I had no proof of the size.

squirrelking
    Free Member

OP – our postie has a habit of posting “Recorded Signed For” stuff through the door or leaving in random ‘hiding’ places. MyHerpes have also left £70 worth of clothes on the front step, seemingly that was signed for as well.

This was followed up the next day by another invoice saying it was over-sized and would be destroyed if not paid.

Pretty sure they have no legal right to do that given their contract is only to move your goods from one place to another.

jimjam
    Free Member

I was surprised to get an email saying my package from my hermes had been delivered and I somehow signed for it while I was out of the house (and house was empty).

Found the package the next morning by the bins. Driver had just chucked it over the fence.

lovewookie

well, after a lot of emails back and forth and various forms of proof of value, Hermes paid up, straight back to my paypal account.

ctk
    Free Member

Definitely potential for a scam!

Think photographic evidence would be a good idea from the couriers point of view.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Royal mail have just my left a parcel in my special safe place. I don’t suppose anybody here could tell me where that is, could you? 🙁

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Couriers, signed for parcel but not delivered…’ is closed to new replies.