Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Couriers leaving bike parts on doorstep!
  • matther01
    Free Member

Received a new pair of fox forks (cheers Aquaman) and the bloody next day delivery courier left them on my bloody doorstep from 9am til 3pm! Even had the cheek to put on the track and trace facility ‘signed for by L/Safe:Step.’

Also bit annoyed my missus found them as she wasn’t supposed to know.

They were insured but not really the point. Anyone else suffered as a result of something similar?

trail_rat
    Free Member

I got back from a weekend away to find a yodel courier had left my milner gearbox conversion plate on the door step – a big obvious parcel. Left on friday afternoon !

Also insured but hard to replace if it went missing !!

Northwind

My favourite is either the DHL guy who decided to hide a package in the bin (DHL were not quick to pay out btw) or the guy from the fish van who posted 2 smoked haddock and a kipper through the letterbox while we were on holiday for 2 weeks

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    smiff
    Free Member

can’t top haddock through the letterbox but my ElGuapo frame from on-one was left on the doorstep..

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

You’re lucky; at least he actually left it at your house. The ups delivery-monkey left my brand spanking new bike at a house a whole street away, while they were out!

Thankfully they’re nice people and dropped it round (earning themselves a bottle of wine in the process) But I was not amused!!

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Haddock through the letterbox??! is he mental or did you sleep with his sister or something?

BigJohn

If I’m expecting a delivery I sellotape a note to the door telling them where to leave it and putting my signature on it. Works a charm – even with stuff that needs signing for.

smiff
    Free Member

you leave your signature on the door for them to copy?
    our postie just opens the door and shoves things in. good thinking mr postman 🙂

postierich
    Free Member

yodel left a parcel from howies on my doorstep and signed for it,parcel went missing howies refunded me as the sale stuff in my size had all gone!

We would get sacked if we dumped a signed for item in full view of the general public

matther01
    Free Member

Postierich – Never had issues with Royal Mail…if I’m not in then I pick it up round the corner from the delivery centre…until I forgot to unsubscribe myself from the ‘dropping it off at the neighbours scheme’.

Going cap in hand round 4/5 neighbours who I didn’t know begging for my stuff…promptly unsubscribed and fed back I wished you could volunteer for the service rather than ‘unvolunteer’!

jam-bo

Going cap in hand round 4/5 neighbours who I didn’t know begging for my stuff…promptly unsubscribed and fed back I wished you could volunteer for the service rather than ‘unvolunteer’!

Maybe getting to know your neighbours would be a good thing?

Ewan
    Free Member

But even if you did it’s not like you can identify the scum bags from the people that are nice to the post man is it?

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

You dont get sacked you become a Manager 😆

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Couriers leaving bike parts on doorstep!’ is closed to new replies.