Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • courier to send a racer in a box
  • toys19
    Free Member

Whos good?

RustySpanner

I’d go for Dani Pedrosa.
    He’s well likkle.
    Cost less on postage.

toys19
    Free Member

Yeah but I asked who’s a good courier. Danny is already packed and ready, just need to know who is a good courier, cheap reliable and will insure him up to £750.

RustySpanner

I have no idea.
    But I heartilly approve of the use of the word ‘racer’.

Whenever I talk to a gentleman on a ridiculously expensive road bike, I always try and refer to it a racer.
    They love it.
    Makes them feel better about their purchase.
    Let’s them know I’m up to speed with all the terminology.

Merak

Agreed re Racer terminology. Road bike is so blasé.

Will be using my racer to get to work tomorrow.

rOcKeTdOg

when I was kid you had a racer, a BMX or a chopper, there was nothing else

toys19
    Free Member

I find it hard to believe that I accidently got STW’s approval. You are all so nice. 8)

toys19
    Free Member

PS I used these guys . It was £30 including 1k of insurance for Exeter to Aberdeen.
    Parcel was collected today and is due for delivery tomorrow.
    we shall see if my racer is one piece when it arrives. I shall report back…

brooess
    Free Member

when I was kid you had a racer, a BMX or a chopper, there was nothing else

Um, my Dad made me ride a Dawes Kingpin (classic laydeez shopper). I’m surprised I still ride bikes after that trauma. Funnily enough it was effectively my first mountain bike 😀

theflatboy
    Free Member

Parcel2go and then take your pick from the results.

toys19
    Free Member

So my bike was supposed to arrive today, it hasn’t. Turns out the company I used use city link. We all know what that means.

So just so you know, don’t bloody use direct courier solutions
    http://www.directcouriersolutions.co.uk/index.php

toys19
    Free Member

Apparently it is on its way today. We shall see. Anyway I emailed direct courier solutions and this is what I got:

Good morning

It does state in our terms and conditions that this is not a guaranteed service. However 98% of our collections do get delivered the next working day.

As for you using our services again, I am afraid that is entirely up to you.

Which is true, but its still crap..

atlaz
    Free Member

I admire their “Like it or piss off” approach. It’s not nice but at least they’re honest

sandwicheater

I hope you put air holes in the box.

toys19
    Free Member

No it is fair enough it is in their T&C’s so fine, but given the attitude I won’t give them my money again. Funny thing is they are using City Link, who I guess are at fault here, who called me this AM to confirm parcel was on the van and would be with me between 12 n 2 and gave me her name and no if there were any issues. I can tolerate mistakes, it is how you put them right that counts.
    So City Link up, Direct Courier solutions down, on the strength of some manners.

weeksy

toys19 – Member

No it is fair enough it is in their T&C’s so fine, but given the attitude I won’t give them my money again. Funny thing is they are using City Link, who I guess are at fault here, who called me this AM to confirm parcel was on the van and would be with me between 12 n 2 and gave me her name and no if there were any issues. I can tolerate mistakes, it is how you put them right that counts.
    So City Link up, Direct Courier solutions down, on the strength of some manners.

You’ve not seen the box yet.. I wouldn’t go crazy just yet.

toys19
    Free Member

weeksy, arrived at lunchtime, box was fine all seems good. Assembly tomorrow will tell if its bent or not..

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘courier to send a racer in a box’ is closed to new replies.